Jogging Track on the Liberty

Hi all,

Looking for information for anyone that has used the jogging track on the Liberty of the Seas.

Where is it located? Does it go through an area where people will be walking around the ship or is it in an isolated section?

I have a 16 mile training run while I'm on my cruise. I don't have a problem doing it on the ship (I know it will be many many laps).. but I don't want to have to dodge other guests just walking around.

Thanks.

Christine

Hi all,

Looking for information for anyone that has used the jogging track on the Liberty of the Seas.

Where is it located? Does it go through an area where people will be walking around the ship or is it in an isolated section?

I have a 16 mile training run while I'm on my cruise. I don't have a problem doing it on the ship (I know it will be many many laps).. but I don't want to have to dodge other guests just walking around.

Thanks.

Christine

Located on deck 12, and it is definitely NOT isolated. If you try to use it on a warm sunny day, you will likely find loungers in the way. Best bet is to go very early in the morning.

Agree with Bob, but also want to add that the deck staff wash the decks in the early morning, so be careful of them and hoses, etc. But the morning is beautiful. I have taken to using the track because the policy on a treadmill is a 20 minute maximum, not near enough for me.

I've seen video of people walking and running on Deck 4 (under the life boats) you will have to go up and down steps to Deck 5 (Helo Pad) but the run looked pretty good overall and might keep you away from so many people. Just a thought

I've seen video of people walking and running on Deck 4 (under the life boats) you will have to go up and down steps to Deck 5 (Helo Pad) but the run looked pretty good overall and might keep you away from so many people. Just a thought

I think they like to discourage people from jogging on deck 4 because it's right on top of the deck 3 OV staterooms.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Christine

It will be on the deck just above the pool and will generally be lined with lounge chairs. As was already mentioned, if you run early in the morning, you will not encounter too many other people, and the lounge chairs will be out of the way. (Once the area starts filling up with sunbathers, they sometimes tend to encroach on the track with their chairs.)

There will also be treadmills in the gym, which you could use instead. Some people are happy enough running on a treadmill, but I'd rather be on the open deck, even if I have to dodge a few people along the way.

Christine, I suggest you switch to Oasis or Allure. I have run on Freedom's track (before it was made even smaller) and am still dizzy..... You will need to get up so early to get your miles in before others appear.

Christine, I suggest you switch to Oasis or Allure. I have run on Freedom's track (before it was made even smaller) and am still dizzy..... You will need to get up so early to get your miles in before others appear.

She's fully booked on Liberty already and I'm sure she will make it work. We do what we have to do. :) Lots of advice in this thread.

As suggested use the track in the early morning. The view is amazing and it is a great way to start your day. Very few sunbathers at that time of the day.

Lbylore... I'll be looking for you on the track in just a few weeks!

You can make it work- I did 10 miles, and my wife did 18 when we were in the middle of training, too. We had intended to have a long run at the next port, but due to a medical emergency, we had to skip it. So we ran on Liberty's track.

Most sun seekers are reasonably good about keeping the track clear, but the earlier you can start, obviously. It's easier to move an empty chair than a full one.

Good luck!

From memory it is marked as 333m - and nice being 2 lanes wide. I enjoyed it in the mornings - I found a spot to store a water bottle near the aft doors so I could have a sip every few laps. Though I didn't do 10 miles, let alone 18!!

Edited by Aus ATC

I have had no problem getting 8 to 10 miles on the track if I start at 6:00 or 6:30 am. Even in the beauty of the Caribbean 5 laps/mile gets a but monotonous. I much preferred running in ports. It is my favorite way to see parts of the islands.

The gym was nice with plenty of machines...

Yes but with the supposed 20 minute maximum on any one machine, it makes it difficult to get in a run of OP's intended length. Now, granted, many people - probably most - stay on the treadmill longer than 20 minutes, but I think if the gym is full and your timer says you have been running for 55 minutes, someone might have something to say about it. ;):p