Coffee Machines in the balcony room

Ladytee47

Can anyone tell me if this is a Krueger machine and if so do you think I could bring my own Krueger cups? I love my flavor coffee and my special cream!

Thanks

Ladytee!:D

We have had a balcony cabin on many of the ships in the NCL fleet (not on the Breakaway though), all with "coffeemakers" - but it is just for getting hot water, the coffee itself is small bags of instant coffee. So of course you can bring your own "instant" type - one with more flavor to it.

Below a few photos that includes the type of "coffee pots" we have come across in NCL balcony cabins. A "real" coffee maker we have only had when we have been in a suite...

894427101_CoffeepotPearl.jpg.bd20fbee2f39ae15f6ce771e5d34b182.jpg

1529955466_CoffeepotEpic.jpg.0fd2dd275eab95ae5dde03a4be3c2e85.jpg

1906064238_CoffeepotSun.jpg.5b5486b783455f6c6b46da606ccc2569.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

This here (click link below to view) is the standard coffee maker on the Breakaway in the balconies. As always, YMMV - subject to change with or without notice, including convenience charge (just in case... ;) )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2141%20%281024x768%29.jpg

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Yes, you can request a coffee maker or a hot pot for tea. I have never had a issue getting one from the steward.

Thanks for the quick reply- have a great holiday weekend.

It looks like there is only one coffee cup. Is that right or is there another one somewhere else on the shelf that we just can't see. Thanks!

It's right next to the coffee maker behind the sugar packets.

You can also bring extra cups from the buffet...(provided they are not filled with food and tossed into the hallway after they have served their purpose!)

:)

The coffee is in bag type (like a giant tea bag) not a pod (like a tassmio / nespresso)
Google NCL breakaway coffee maker. It makes one cup at a time.

Major first world problem - allow me to help resolve this minor life crisis at no extra convenience charge for fellow CC'er. ;)

The brand provided on the Breakaway to us - was (is *** ??) CLR Roaster, in both regular and decaffinated. As John said, it's a round & flat filtered bag with coffee, it is not a "pod" nor those popular K-cup (Starbucks, DD or other refills, etc. - NOT) It is adequate for one small cup per brew - I recommend no more than 6 oz. of water (roughly) but 5 oz. for a stronger flavor, marginally better than what you get in the MDR or buffet, but at least it is hot. *** Disclaimer notice: availability subject to change with & without notice, YMMV.

Commercial grade coffee maker by Hamilton Beach, I always wipe the surface myself on day 1 before use, and run a cycle of water thru the system first to flush it out - you don't have to do it. These (click to see) pre-mix filtered coffee bags as shown here is found on Amazon, but why - unless you find a different brand, just ask your Room Steward for some extras (and, skip the decaf as we did, yikes) and it's better with the Half & Half vs. milk (IMO) - show your direct "appreciation" with a little cash "recognition" are always cheerfully rewarded by day 2, if not sooner. Cheers for the hard working crew members, not for NCL lately :D ;)

Lastly, yes - as noted, look closer - there was 2 small cup coffee cups provided. :p

Edited by mking8288