Can I do this?

jodieh12

I have seen a nice cruise on epic next Easter 1 April which I want to book for myself and 15 year old. Can I book now and pay a deposit then when I sail epic at Xmas buy a cruise deposit then call them up and cancel the original booking with a refund and book with the cruise deposit?

This would all be done on the US site of course because UK doesn't allow cancellations free of charge.

TIA

Jo

seams a lot of faffing about for little gain . Why not keep your fcc for another cruise ? also you will be very near final payment so may not be able to cancel / rebook and have your original deposit refunded .

seams a lot of faffing about for little gain . Why not keep your fcc for another cruise ? also you will be very near final payment so may not be able to cancel / rebook and have your original deposit refunded .

I had the same reaction, except that I had to look up "faffing about." Thanks for the new lingo! :)

HaHaHa sorry must be a Welsh / British saying . They say you learn something new every day ;) xx

P.S. forgot about loosing the extra latitude points for booking over 9 months out . good point ! xx

Thanks for the points, just thought if I could save a few $$ then it'd be all good. Its a good price for this cruise as it's over Easter school holidays and is 10 nights.

Jo

You're really not saving anything on the new cruise by doing it the way you asked. The FCC takes the place of the required deposit but does not negate the amount of the deposit. The amount that you don't pay at deposit time is simply added to the final payment price. In the end you still pay the same amount for the new cruise.

You're really not saving anything on the new cruise by doing it the way you asked. The FCC takes the place of the required deposit but does not negate the amount of the deposit. The amount that you don't pay at deposit time is simply added to the final payment price. In the end you still pay the same amount for the new cruise.

That's correct as to the new cruise, but what about the $100 OBC that you get for the cruise on which you purchase the FCC? [Even so, I still think it would be a big hassle at the point in time the OP is talking about (if it's even do-able at all).]

I bet you would pay more at the time of rebooking vs. today being it's a holiday week. I think over $100 more...

I can't see into the future, but prices could be much higher at the time you do this. Or, they could be lower...it's definitely a gamble. Do you feel lucky?

Worst case scenario is that prices go up considerably and you can't use the FCC. However, if you plan to cruise on NCL again, you will still have approx. 3 years to use your FCC. Perhaps you should buy it, but just realize that you may not be able to use it for your next cruise...it might be the one after that.

That's correct as to the new cruise, but what about the $100 OBC that you get for the cruise on which you purchase the FCC? [Even so, I still think it would be a big hassle at the point in time the OP is talking about (if it's even do-able at all).]

I would think that the better idea would be to buy it, get the OBC and save it for another cruise. You have 4 years to use them.