Carnival Glory NEW Past Guest Party

Elaine515

Wow I'm sorry they changed the past guest parties, Look at my signature and see all of the cruises I have taken with carnival and yet I'm gold even though all except 1 was 7+ days long. The year they changed the program I couldn't afford to rush and take extra cruises to make it to platinum before the deadline / change. Now I need 13 more days before I'm platinum. I appreciated being recognized as a Gold. I spent a lot of money on those early cruises before I knew how to get free ones. I guess my only consolation is that my last 4 Carnival cruises have been taxes and gratuities only... and now after learning this I will try to make sure my next two are also then I will be plat and won't care as much. However it will be a pain going to a party and sitting in a corner by myself without my friends and love ones that are still gold... On my last cruise in may the party was nice, same food and drinks as described by the OP and my cabinmate was able to attend with me. We had a nice time as usual and enjoyed clapping for our past ships.... sigh I will have to let her know that will be her last one for a long time as she has a ways to go to becomes plat...

I remember the captains reception, the farwell party and the past guest party.

The captain’s reception had free drinks and the captain and senior officers were available to talk to. Now there is a meet and greet with the captain and cruise director on the promenade deck for photos one cruise elegant night.

The farwell party and past guest party have been combined into one.

We don’t mind it is held the last night. We pack early and by five we are ready. Which is when the first past guest party starts.

Our invitations have been taken at the door each time. We have also brought any red or blue card passengers in our cabins with us. Each time we were told it was permissible to bring anyone one in our cabin no matter what their VIPP level. I guess this is up to the management of each individual ship to decide this.

I think a free drink the last night of the cruise is a good thing. Weather you have to go to the party to get it or have a coupon to use it elsewhere on the ship.

I think the Platinum and Diamond guests should be able to bring all the guests they wish, as long as all of them are also Platinum or Diamond.

I have attended a number of Past Guest Parties by myself. Hasn't killed me yet.

I also attend most past guest parties by myself because my husband has no desire to go. He did go with me once when we were cruising with friends but has no desire to go again. He does not drink.

I usually am able to strike up conversations with someone sitting near me.

I remember the captains reception, the farwell party and the past guest party.

The captain’s reception had free drinks and the captain and senior officers were available to talk to. Now there is a meet and greet with the captain and cruise director on the promenade deck for photos one cruise elegant night.

The farwell party and past guest party have been combined into one.

We don’t mind it is held the last night. We pack early and by five we are ready. Which is when the first past guest party starts.

Our invitations have been taken at the door each time. We have also brought any red or blue card passengers in our cabins with us. Each time we were told it was permissible to bring anyone one in our cabin no matter what their VIPP level. I guess this is up to the management of each individual ship to decide this.

I think a free drink the last night of the cruise is a good thing. Weather you have to go to the party to get it or have a coupon to use it elsewhere on the ship.

Since we only do B2bs now, I'll have no problem for the first party. On the 2nd week, I'll plan on packing before 5 and be ready to go to the party. That's what we usually do and then just finalize the packing when we get back to the cabin for the night and put in the suitcase what we wore that day. Then the suitcases go out in the hall for pick up.

The VIFP past guest party is scheduled on the last night of the cruise to coordinate with the free drink ticket that the Golds receive for the last night of the cruise. Simple as that. It is always interesting to see the "conspiracy theory" fanatics come out of the woodwork every time something is changed in their lives. My God, you are given something as part of a rewards program. Like everything else in life sometimes things are removed from rewards programs for a wide variety of reasons. Not everything is a conspiracy. One needs to learn that life is something to be enjoyed without being rewarded for something you do every time you turn around. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that that "something" is wrong or out to screw you. It just means you don't like it. Put on your big person pants and move on.

Oddly someone from the Freedom new party just posted that they were allowed to bring two blue cruisers with them... it is obviously going to be a matter of what ship and who is running it...

Hopefully there are other changes coming.. the old party was nice for some drinks but i too am bored with the whole clap for your ship thing.. Im sure that new cruisers enjoy that... i know i did then.. it was fun... but i am looking forward to the new format....

Hi cruzn buckeye! I am also a Buckeye :)

I always look forward to the 'clapping for the ships' and new cruisers would have a while to go before ever seeing that! Always interesting to see how many people have been on the really old and/or retired ships. My 1st was the Jubilee. Also have been on the retired Holiday and Celebration.

In April we had the old crowded party but on the Splendor in Sept. we will have the new format. Being able to order drinks will be the best part of it. I like Miami Vice's and they always had to be special requested.

Have to agree with retired-to-cruise, too. CCL doesn't OWE us anything so I appreciate whatever extra perks I get.

Happy cruising everyone!

I think the timing of the Past Guest party for the last day should be earlier in the week........but nobody asked me ;) . The last party I attended was last year on the Paradise before any changes was made. On that cruise, the show lounge was not that crowded at all. We mainly cruise for a great vacation and anything else is extra.

I spent a lot of money on those early cruises before I knew how to get free ones. I guess my only consolation is that my last 4 Carnival cruises have been taxes and gratuities only... and now after learning this I will try to make sure my next two are also then I will be plat and won't care as much.

Wait, there are free cruises?:eek:

This may be a little off topic, but here is my gripe. I feel like being a Gold, I have been demoted. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything...but... Golds get a free drink on a 5+ day cruise. I'm going on a quickie 4 day cruise with my sisters. I am wondering the reasoning of not giving Golds their free drink on a 4 day cruise. What's up with that?:confused:

So, if I am cruising with someone and they aren't platinum, I have to go alone? IMO each platinum should be allowed a guest and they should check invitations or seas passes at the door.

This would be the best solution. One guest per invitee. Even if all 140 invitees showed up with a guest, that's still only 280 people, not too many for the lounge.

Regardless, this sound like a big improvement from the old party to me. We don't pack until debarkation morning, so this sounds like a nice way to kick off the final evening's festivities.

Edited by gtalum

Considering that my next cruise has sea days only on the first and last days with port stops 4 days in row in between, I like the idea of the PG party being on the last day.

I also have family who are Gold members in their own cabin who are happy to get their free drink the last night of cruise. They feel it is a nice way to celebrate the cruise.

Thanks for posting. I got off Glory the 16th and was on the last cruise before they changed it. I am Gold and not too pleased with this latest change. With that being said, our party was scheduled for the day we were in Roatan and after spending all day on shore, I needed to take a shower and get ready for dinner so I didn't have time to go. Why in the world would they pick that day?! Maybe to cut down on the amount of people going?

Would have been nice if I could have attended my last one for a while, but I kind of feel like they did it on purpose. Strange that now all of a sudden it's on the last day which is almost always a sea day.

Whatever. I'm over the whole degradation of the Gold Status thing. It won't ruin my life, but it sure does make me feel a like they don't give a rat's behind about their Gold Members. Just my two cents.

I agree with you.

I also attend most past guest parties by myself because my husband has no desire to go. He did go with me once when we were cruising with friends but has no desire to go again. He does not drink.

I usually am able to strike up conversations with someone sitting near me.

I also attend Past Guest parties myself and have no problem with it. Like you, my husband doesn't drink and would much rather take a nap while I enjoy the party. I usually will talk with the people I sit near. Last week on the Pride I sat next to a woman (also alone with no problem) and during our conversation, learned that a cruise I was looking at for next year was almost sold out, so I hotfooted it right to the future cruise desk and got that thing booked after the party ended. Whew!

Back to the topic.....the Past Guest party (IMO) was no different than before, just with less people. I rather liked it on the last sea day.