Serenade: difference between G and I cabins?

Please tell me what the differences are between a G cabin and an I-category cabin on Serenade of the seas. I am looking at two cabins, I-3592 and G-3610 and I can't understand why I-3592 is graded lower than G-3610.

Both cabins are midships, and as far as I can tell they are the same size. The G cabin (3610) has 2 Pullman beds (I think, from looking at the legend), but that wouldn't affect the category, would it?

I think I-3592 is in a better location than G-3610, yet it's a lower category. Is there something I don't know that I should know about this cabin? What is big blank area behind the elevators and across from I-3592?

A friend is looking to me to recommend one of the two cabins, and don't have an answer for her. I tried to do a search on this, and even called Royal, but both a vacation planner and a Crown and Anchor agent couldn't tell me why I-3592 was a lower-graded cabin than G-3610.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Please tell me what the differences are between a G cabin and an I-category cabin on Serenade of the seas. I am looking at two cabins, I-3592 and G-3610 and I can't understand why I-3592 is graded lower than G-3610.

Both cabins are midships, and as far as I can tell they are the same size. The G cabin (3610) has 2 Pullman beds (I think, from looking at the legend), but that wouldn't affect the category, would it?

I think I-3592 is in a better location than G-3610, yet it's a lower category. Is there something I don't know that I should know about this cabin? What is big blank area behind the elevators and across from I-3592?

A friend is looking to me to recommend one of the two cabins, and don't have an answer for her. I tried to do a search on this, and even called Royal, but both a vacation planner and a Crown and Anchor agent couldn't tell me why I-3592 was a lower-graded cabin than G-3610.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Royal Caribbean directly links cabin category with maximum occupancy. Cabins with 3rd and 4th berths will almost always be considered a higher grade than similar sized cabins with only 2 berths. As cabin 3610 can accommodate 4 passengers they grade it higher than 3592, which is only a double. This is nothing but a ploy to get more revenue from triple & quad cabins by forcing the first two passengers to pay a higher fare.

As far as the blank area, it could be mechanical equipment, a housekeeping storeroom, a pantry, crew stairs, or even crew quarters. There is no way of knowing.

There will be no material difference between these two specific rooms. Both are midship and are the same size/features. I would tell her to book the lesser expensive of the two. Price and number of berths are THE only difference.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Royal Caribbean directly links cabin category with maximum occupancy. Cabins with 3rd and 4th berths will almost always be considered a higher grade than similar sized cabins with only 2 berths. As cabin 3610 can accommodate 4 passengers they grade it higher than 3592, which is only a double. This is nothing but a ploy to get more revenue from triple & quad cabins by forcing the first two passengers to pay a higher fare.

As far as the blank area, it could be mechanical equipment, a housekeeping storeroom, a pantry, crew stairs, or even crew quarters. There is no way of knowing.

There will be no material difference between these two specific rooms. Both are midship and are the same size/features. I would tell her to book the lesser expensive of the two. Price and number of berths are THE only difference.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I didn't realize that was the case with Royal...that higher occupancy at the same level was given a higher grade.

I really appreciate you help. :)

AtlantaCruiser 72 had it exactly right. I recently booked a cabin on the Jewel. It is right next to my friend's cabin. Her cabin was cheaper than mine. I called Royal and was told it was because my cabin has Pullman beds and can accommodate more people. I don't understand the rationale. Cabin size is exactly the same, and if one booked a Pullman room for 3 or 4 people, Royal would get extra revenue. Why charge more for two?

Book the cheaper cabin.