Questions...questions....questions.....

I have been a member of TravelTalkOnline/British Virgin Islands for ten years. That's always how we have traveled. Had fabulous discussions from people all over the world. There were no criticisms on peoples' posts- their context or their format. It must have been a smaller group than this forum with less rules.

At any rate, I suppose there will always be nice, non judgmental people everywhere who just want to help. And people who just can't help but stand in judgement. Way of the world and it is what it is. I would imagine that every question ever asked on this forum has been answered previously at some point if people took the time to dig. I will go that route moving forward.

Interesting that you have to go through an administrator to both delete a text and delete a membership. I wonder why they make it so difficult.

Thank you again to those who answered my questions nicely and informatively It was helpful and an interesting experience.

Hopefully I'm one of the nice people.

I don't think others were judging, but trying to help you make the best of your new membership. I know from other forums that I frequent that solid blocks of text with no punctuation, for example, will get glossed over/not read because they're "difficult".

Many people are reading these message boards in short stints while having a coffee/waiting for the baby to wake up/waiting for husband to get his socks on the right feet/whatever. Because of that, multiple questions all run together are less likely to get "good" responses as people think "I don't have the time to start on all that".

By breaking things down into smaller chunks/bulleted lists you make it easier for people to dash in, answer one or two questions, and pop out again. It also makes it easier for the next poster to see what has/hasn't been answered.

In answer to why can't you delete your messages/account - part of the reason I'm sure is advertising revenue. Some of it is possibly due to admins not being familiar/comfortable with all the vbulletin functionality.

Hi NewbieCruise2015,

Thank you for asking the questions! I learned quite a bit from the responses, which helps a lot as we plan.

We are on the same cruise as you, and i can assure you that we will have a marvellous time. Given that it will be the holidays there should be lots of kids.

I didn't know much about the teen club, for example. I suspect our teen will come to the Mix and Mingle, and then may had off if there aren't many others her age. She will definitely drop by the club on the first night to meet others, however.

Cheers,

Papertraveller

San Juan is notoriously slow at embarkation and they don't let you into the terminal early the way other ports do.

We've cruised out of San Juan 5 of the last 6 years and were on board before noon everytime. It hasn't been "notoriously slow" for us.......

We've cruised out of San Juan 5 of the last 6 years and were on board before noon everytime. It hasn't been "notoriously slow" for us.......

Glad to hear you've had a good experience. For us, the terminal wasn't open early to have a seat on any of our cruises when we arrived before 12 noon. They made the passengers stand out in the blazing sun. Once the doors opened up, we were fine but it's the only terminal I have ever departed from that made us wait outdoors.

The royal replinish is what I got for my two teen age daughters and myself. We all enjoyed it from the fresh squeezed oj in the morning to the bottled water ...virgin frozen drinks and the coke machine is only limited by your imagination! It also has power aid (a coke product).

The meet and mingle if you go take them with you,if they don't meet anyone they can always exit stage left...thats what teens are good at;).

The room key is the size of a credit card they can have it punched and buy a lanyard or put it in their pocket (even boys swim trunks usually have a pocket). Yes you can put a daily limit on it for the boys, it helps because they can easily get carried away without meaning to or realising it!