All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Did I miss the announcement where RCI came out and said that the new suite benefits have started? Last I knew that it was supposed to start in May.

The rollout is May, but they decided this ship would have it from outset for all of her European cruises. One of the exec's was over from Miami to watch it all start. I guess it gives them an opportunity to iron out any bugs before the US programme launch.

Did I miss the announcement where RCI came out and said that the new suite benefits have started? Last I knew that it was supposed to start in May.

Yes, it appears you did miss it. As already confirmed (thank you, Jetdriver787) Ovation has the new Suite Class from 14th April.

I have also received an email for my upcoming Ovation cruise from the Concierge confirming some of the perks, including in suite dining and the complimentary wi-fi.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Yes, it appears you did miss it. As already confirmed (thank you, Jetdriver787) Ovation has the new Suite Class from 14th April.

I have also received an email for my upcoming Ovation cruise from the Concierge confirming some of the perks, including in suite dining and the complimentary wi-fi.

Great to hear you received your email! Which sailing are you on and in which class of suite? I'm on the April 22 sailing in a Star-class suite and haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming they're likely really busy with getting set up and with guests on board now, but just wanted to check. :)

Great to hear you received your email! Which sailing are you on and in which class of suite? I'm on the April 22 sailing in a Star-class suite and haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming they're likely really busy with getting set up and with guests on board now, but just wanted to check. :)

I get on Sunday and am in Sky class, I received the email on 10th. To be honest, I was completely surprised to receive it as I thought they would be far too busy. The email came from Hajeong Shim (JJ).

I hope you have a great cruise on 22nd and enjoy star class!

I get on Sunday and am in Sky class, I received the email on 10th. To be honest, I was completely surprised to receive it as I thought they would be far too busy. The email came from Hajeong Shim (JJ).

I hope you have a great cruise on 22nd and enjoy star class!

Thanks! Have a great cruise and enjoy your suite too!

It appears that dynamic dining classic has been changed again. We rotated to our second restaurant tonight but found we had a new waiter.

Last night and tonight there was no evidence of an assistant waiter. The main waiter was run ragged each night.

We questioned the head waiter and he says that for DD Classic the rotation is only with table companions. The waiters are all staying put in their own restaurants.

TBH, if we had known that we would have chosen DD Choice.

Also there was advertised in the cruise compass the there would be a royal menu with selections from all venues, which I know some don't like. However the menu has been the venues own.

You'd think that this being the third ship in the class everything would be figured out and running smoothly. And just when you thought there couldn't be any more variations to DD, they come up with a new one - drop the rotation of waiters in Classic. Gotta love maiden voyages.....never boring.:cool:

It appears that dynamic dining classic has been changed again. We rotated to our second restaurant tonight but found we had a new waiter.

Last night and tonight there was no evidence of an assistant waiter. The main waiter was run ragged each night.

We questioned the head waiter and he says that for DD Classic the rotation is only with table companions. The waiters are all staying put in their own restaurants.

TBH, if we had known that we would have chosen DD Choice.

Also there was advertised in the cruise compass the there would be a royal menu with selections from all venues, which I know some don't like. However the menu has been the venues own.

Hallelujah to that! I'm so hoping they retain all the different menus with the added 'classic options' as advertised on all their dedicated restaurants web sites.

I'll be so disappointed if they ruin the whole DD experience, these few Quantum class ships were advertised as something different from the get go, whereas all the rest of the fleet has the standard dining, so why people were complaining about that I don't understand. Can't we have just a few ships that offer something different? The whole different décor etc works with the varied menus, having a smorgasbord menu in every one detracts from the whole feel of going to a different restaurant IMO. I don't want to be eating French cuisine from Grande whilst sitting in the oriental styling of Silk!

Will Grande still be formal dress every night & have you heard if they are having any other set formal nights?

So, if they keep the varied restaurant specific menus, but they use the 4 complementary restaurants for the classic dining people, how do the MTD diners get a chance to eat there? Won't they always be full of classic diners, or do they rotate the MTD diners through one or two of the 4 as well?

I did hear that on Anthem they had issues with classic diners choosing not to show up on some nights due to going to paid restaurants etc & having seats or even whole tables empty waiting for them that could have been used for non classic diners.

Although as long as I get to try each restaurant with it's own menu as advertised I'll be happy with that, as we intentionally booked the longer 14 night cruise to give us time to try them all. I'll be so disappointed if it isn't the dining variety they promised.

Any further info on the whole dining issue appreciated.:)

Edited by avalon007

We were on Quantum for 2 months last year and were delighted with Dynamic Dining. We could go to whatever restaurant we wanted, different menu, table size and waitstaff every evening. What is this fixation many people have about having the SAME waiter every evening?????? When we are home, we go to different restaurants and obviously have different waiters all the time.

Too many cruisers are just stuck in the rut of tradition - same table, same table-mates, same time day after day after day after day!!!!!! Please, someone explain to me.......why the resistance to DD??????? We think is is fabulous - just wish it was available on every ship.

Not trying to change the topic here, but I wanted to jump in for second and ask about the coffee on Ovation.

Do they have coffee grinders on the coffee machines? Some cruise lines do on some ships (NCL, for one). I'm hoping to avoid the liquid concentrate.

Also, someone asked before, but I did not see the reply. Will our stateroom (D3) have an electric kettle?

I am considering bringing my french press. I am trying not to come across as a coffee snob. I am just not sure I can make it on our B2B without a decent cup of coffee. I can take the usual kind on off hours, just not my first two cups!:eek:

They are putting on The Dream tonight unexpectedly. Spectres was fabulous, Wild Boys outstanding so interested to seeing what this new show us like.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I know what Spectres & The Dream are about - but what is Wild Boys?

Hi Lesley great input so far keep it coming what sockets are on-board European or american just so I know what adapters to get also is there a kettle under the bed haha this has been noted on other ships any other tips on what to bring :)

3450b86f387a3c868edc815499bd8360.jpg

Usual plug set up and 2 useful USB ports.

As you are in a grand suite, I understand you can order from any of the complimentary DD restaurants, is that right? Is that just for dinner or all 3 meals?

Hope you are having a great time and thanks for sharing what you have so far :)

8793b85e8b659805d7c2be2674ef51df.jpg

Info on what you get.

We were on Quantum for 2 months last year and were delighted with Dynamic Dining. We could go to whatever restaurant we wanted, different menu, table size and waitstaff every evening. What is this fixation many people have about having the SAME waiter every evening?????? When we are home, we go to different restaurants and obviously have different waiters all the time.

Too many cruisers are just stuck in the rut of tradition - same table, same table-mates, same time day after day after day after day!!!!!! Please, someone explain to me.......why the resistance to DD??????? We think is is fabulous - just wish it was available on every ship.

Well not to turn this thread into another DD discussion, we have had enough of those already I think.

Anyway I´d like to answer your questoin from my Point of view.

It´s great it works out for you and you like it. For me it´s nothing to do with a rut of Tradition but it´s the way I like it.

You are right in it being no different to going out to eat on land, but I cruise to get away from how Things are done ashore. I want a cruise to be different.

In daily life I have to plan every day. On vacation and on a cruise I enjoy not having to plan everything in a day. I like it to have a set time day after day to Show up at the same table day after day and have the same wait Team being ready for me day after day. After a couple of days they will know my likes and dislikes. They will know my favourite breads and Drinks and have them waiting for me. To me it´s stress and hassle free. While I have all this it´s still like visiting a different restaurant each night, as the menue changes every night.

All of this I can still have with MTD, but unfortunately it does not work with DD anymore, as the menus do not Change.

I´m not opposed in the least when they manage to offer more choices for those who want them, included and extra paid for. I´m just opposed to the idea to eliminate all traditional or MTD Options with DD.

Not trying to change the topic here, but I wanted to jump in for second and ask about the coffee on Ovation.

Do they have coffee grinders on the coffee machines? Some cruise lines do on some ships (NCL, for one). I'm hoping to avoid the liquid concentrate.

Also, someone asked before, but I did not see the reply. Will our stateroom (D3) have an electric kettle?

I am considering bringing my french press. I am trying not to come across as a coffee snob. I am just not sure I can make it on our B2B without a decent cup of coffee. I can take the usual kind on off hours, just not my first two cups!:eek:

I think I didn't quote right. To answer your question there are kettles in our D1 stateroom on Ovation.

Real coffee beans; I've only seen the big urns in the complimentary areas.

There is a Starbucks in Le Patisserie but that is a pay option.

Will Grande still be formal dress every night & have you heard if they are having any other set formal nights?

So, if they keep the varied restaurant specific menus, but they use the 4 complementary restaurants for the classic dining people, how do the MTD diners get a chance to eat there? Won't they always be full of classic diners, or do they rotate the MTD diners through one or two of the 4 as well?

I did hear that on Anthem they had issues with classic diners choosing not to show up on some nights due to going to paid restaurants etc & having seats or even whole tables empty waiting for them that could have been used for non classic diners.

Although as long as I get to try each restaurant with it's own menu as advertised I'll be happy with that, as we intentionally booked the longer 14 night cruise to give us time to try them all. I'll be so disappointed if it isn't the dining variety they promised.

Any further info on the whole dining issue appreciated.:)

Re The Grande. We were in there last night. Everyone we could see were dressed up in their formal attire. It was a Royal Night and there was a very large number who were in Formal or at least smart casual.

Re DD. There is a note on the DD Classic information that was posted in the stateroom first day that if you did not turn up to you sitting within 30 minutes your reservation would be cancelled. This matches with what the waiters told us that they were trying to avoid empty tables when guests were speciality dining.

We also saw last night the table next to us used by a different couple so appears to be working on that front.

So for you MTD diners that makes more tables available.

Hope that helps.

Yes. There are freestyle machines. I've found them in Sorentos, Seaplex and Windjammer so far.

Thanks. I better book the soda package. I love my soda, but on Splendour in December, the choice was essentially Coke, Coke or Coke and that got old very quickly.

Corinna