All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Just had a fabulous 3 days aboard Ovation! What a beautiful ship and amazing crew. We have never encountered such a friendly and welcoming crew before! Every moment was a joy - so many areas to hang out in and lots of good entertainment. We are still not sure what Spectre's Caberet or the Dream was but the technical aspects and cast were fantastic!

Food was excellent, we never saw Windjammers busy at all apart from when we got on.

The Solarium was fantastic! Great being able to use the pools when it is freezing outside!

Room was excellent - very spacey, big bed that my feet didn't hang off and a lovely bathroom with powerful shower. We would certainly cruise on her again.

Having just returned on the P&O Britannia a few weeks ago and having the most horrific time my faith in cruising has been restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your post...we board on Friday, and we're getting excited!

Debbie

Food was excellent, we never saw Windjammers busy at all apart from when we got on.

I have to disagree with this statement! did you not attend breakfast in here?? Manic!! Very hard to find a table - and lots of queues for all the hot stations! We arrived at about 10am each day thinking it would have been less busy! I did love the hand wash station as you arrived at the restaurant - brilliant idea to keep the germs at bay :-)

Not liking the plastic plates and bowls during the day though! But this was my first Royal Caribbean cruise so don't know if this is the same on all the fleet. Personally prefer china/ceramic :D

But yes gorgeous cruise ship and staff and entertainment was super :-) Agree food was lovely too :-)

I too found the internet amazing compared to other ships I've been on.

Booked onto Harmony in May - so looking forward to comparing :-)

xxx

We just returned from ovations 3 day pre inaugural . Will try to do a proper review at the weekend but suffice to say we had an amazing time. Beautiful ship - I actually think the styling and color schemes are even better than anthem. Entertainment first class - we were exhausted! Don't miss the wild boys 80's music in the music hall! Food generally very good - couple of small issues but dealt with immediately by the staff who were without exception first class , friendly , helpful and professional ( we had a first class meal in chops ). Windjammer was busy at breakfast but it never took more than a couple of minutes to find a table and staff were eager to help with this. Our room was a D1 balcony - great cabin with excellent cabin steward. Absolutely love the layout and design of quantum class ships - please base quantum 4 in the UK or at the very least Europe!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

...and we loved it! Beautiful ship, fantastic all weather facilities, especially good for teenagers in that respect.

Beds v comfortable, showers excellent. We were in a balcony cabin on deck 10 only toiletries provided were hand soap and shampoo in a dispenser in the shower. Comfortable high backed balcony chairs with a foot rest and a small table. Soundproofing between cabins not brilliant- expected better in a new ship, but not bad.

Food very good, ate in Windjammer, Chic, American Icon and Grande. Loved the Grande. Lots of people in smart dress in the evenings in all restaurants: jackets/tuxedos, dresses. Windjammer ultra busy at breakfast- as it usually is. Breakfast v nice in American Icon.

Bar service could be slow at times.

Entertainment that we attended was fantastic! So much choice. Tenors of Rock headliner show in theatre fantastic, Wild Boys 80s tribute band also fantastic- loved the Music Hall.

Did North Star and IFly: great fun but must be prebooked as both v popular.

Solarium beautiful and nicely warm at this time of year in Europe. Pools felt heated to me.

Staff helpful and happy.

So much to do! We did not get to experience everything we had planned to eg, a show in 270, bumper cars.

This beautiful ship is just filled with guests having a fabulous time!

All those sailing on her soon- you are going to love her!!

Deb Greg,

Guest services told us 4200 out of a possible 4900 were aboard.

Rock the Boat were performing in the Music Hall on at least one of the three nights (possibly two) but we sadly missed them as they clashed with out 8.45pm dinner.

Deb Greg,

Guest services told us 4200 out of a possible 4900 were aboard.

Rock the Boat were performing in the Music Hall on at least one of the three nights (possibly two) but we sadly missed them as they clashed with out 8.45pm dinner.

Thanks for your quick reply :)

Fantastic, can't wait ,was it sold out and were Rock the Boat performing ?

Rock the Boat did one short gig in Music Hall. Their schedules had apparently been changed. They had a real attitude problem, and having never seen them before I was not impressed I'm afraid..

Wild Boys on the other hand were superb.

Spectres was amazing. The Dream was terrible IMHO.

Rock the Boat did one short gig in Music Hall. Their schedules had apparently been changed. They had a real attitude problem, and having never seen them before I was not impressed I'm afraid.....

Wow, that is completely opposite than our impression of Rock the Boat. I wonder what was going on with them?

By the way, I am still enjoying all the info you are providing, thanks again.:)

On Ovation now. Relaxing with a beer in the warm solarium. What a fantastic ship ;-)

Well I hope the service has improved especially in the bars because it was extremely poor on 14th April cruise.At times in Boleros there was only one guy serving.

Edited by UK Cruiser2

I have to disagree with this statement! did you not attend breakfast in here?? Manic!! Very hard to find a table - and lots of queues for all the hot stations! We arrived at about 10am each day thinking it would have been less busy! I did love the hand wash station as you arrived at the restaurant - brilliant idea to keep the germs at bay :-)

Not liking the plastic plates and bowls during the day though! But this was my first Royal Caribbean cruise so don't know if this is the same on all the fleet. Personally prefer china/ceramic :D

But yes gorgeous cruise ship and staff and entertainment was super :-) Agree food was lovely too :-)

I too found the internet amazing compared to other ships I've been on.

Booked onto Harmony in May - so looking forward to comparing :-)

xxx

I agree with you on Windjammer,it was it's traditional Cattle Market affair.We only went twice and on one occasion walked around the whole place and still couldn't find a table and there were only 2 of us !

Rock the Boat did one short gig in Music Hall. Their schedules had apparently been changed. They had a real attitude problem, and having never seen them before I was not impressed I'm afraid..

Wild Boys on the other hand were superb.

Spectres was amazing. The Dream was terrible IMHO.

Oh wow I had heard they were supposed to be great , strange, maybe they felt usurped by the Wild Boys :D

Oh wow I had heard they were supposed to be great , strange, maybe they felt usurped by the Wild Boys :D

We saw them on Indy and Anthem, on Indy they were great and quite friendly, on Anthem they seemed to think they were a Notch up and forgot it was Indy that gave them a great start, we were not impressed with them on Anthem.

We saw them on Indy and Anthem, on Indy they were great and quite friendly, on Anthem they seemed to think they were a Notch up and forgot it was Indy that gave them a great start, we were not impressed with them on Anthem.

I saw them on Anthem and couldn't see what all the fuss was about how great they, we found them just average. Wild Boys, on the other hand, were amazing!

Edited by Bobal