Tipping for room service in AUD?

That takes all the fun out it. I love looking through cocktails lists and trying new cocktails rather than sticking to the same-old-same-old. We tried some very nice ones on Royal Caribbean that I'd never heard of, plus some interesting variations on old favourites.

I guess I'll have to buy that cocktail book for my Kindle.

Excellent idea...just told DH he is browsing to download now...getting prepared early LOL

That takes all the fun out it. I love looking through cocktails lists and trying new cocktails rather than sticking to the same-old-same-old. We tried some very nice ones on Royal Caribbean that I'd never heard of, plus some interesting variations on old favourites.

I guess I'll have to buy that cocktail book for my Kindle.

I agree it took the fun out of it. But once I kicked my memory into gear I was able to ask for anything and they always knew how to make it.

I agree it took the fun out of it. But once I kicked my memory into gear I was able to ask for anything and they always knew how to make it.

My brain goes blank apart from the same-old-same-old.

Best cocktail I ever had was at 2Fish in Port Douglas last year. The restaurant was full so we had to wait a bit for our table, but the bartender didn't have much to do. When we asked for the cocktail list he suggested we allow him to make us something special. He asked what we liked - vodka base for me, gin base for DH, we both like bitter ingredients like campari, aperol, we liked all vermouths. I know mine had vodka, campari, some spiced rum, lime juice and a couple of other ingredients, I lost track of them LOL. It was absolutely perfect as an aperitif, tart but just sweet enough, smooth yet with a kick. DH really liked his too.

Hard to get that sort of thing on a cruise ship - the bars are usually too crowded.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ