Food in cabin

Kaboochi

Yes, you can ask the speciality restaurant to give you your dessert to go and have your yummy filet you couldn't finish, wrapped up too! You can also take food from the buffet and bring it back. I just left the Star and this is first hand, no speculation, first hand info. Fellow travelers we will not starve. Happy cruising" by the way Star refurbishment is awesome. Love this pretty baby.

Edited by Kaboochi
Added info

Same experience on the getaway last week. We had leftovers from Cagneys packaged up for the room and many were taking food from the buffet. Never tried in from the main restaurants but there were plenty of options to bring food back to the room (and avoid the 7.95 room service fee).

On a different thread, from someone who just left the Pearl today, the OP stated that they when they asked to have their dessert boxed from a specialty restaurant (due to a fussy child), they were denied.

I would appear that the rules are being enforced inconsistently at best, which is going to make for a VERY difficult time for NCL if you "can do it" on one ship but not on another.

My friends were on Breakaway a few weeks ago (they boarded on Mother's Day) and they were not allowed to bring the leftover food from Teppanyaki back to their room. So maybe the policy has changed again. :confused:

My friends were on Breakaway a few weeks ago (they boarded on Mother's Day) and they were not allowed to bring the leftover food from Teppanyaki back to their room. So maybe the policy has changed again. :confused:
Seems like bringing food back from restaurants is hit or miss depending on the restaurant, the server, the ship. The one thing that is constant, is that folks are saying that there has been no issues taking food from the buffet to the pool deck or back to cabins...let's hope this stays this way.

Just got off the Breakaway this past Sunday. And you cannot take any food out of a specialty restaurants nor Taste, Savor or Manhattan room but u can take food out from the buffet and Uptown grill. We took food from buffet and Uptown to H2O to our lounge chairs and had no problems.

On a different thread, from someone who just left the Pearl today, the OP stated that they when they asked to have their dessert boxed from a specialty restaurant (due to a fussy child), they were denied.

I would appear that the rules are being enforced inconsistently at best, which is going to make for a VERY difficult time for NCL if you "can do it" on one ship but not on another.

Exactly, I read the same thread. There are also others that have posted that they were stopped from bringing food to their cabin.

Edited by mkdreams

These reports of inconsistent food policies in force for the ships in the fleet and variance by restaurants within each ship - in contrast to the official NCL issued statement on "asking" guests to not take out food - are, IMO - reflections of an idiotic policy directive run by an incompetent senior management, ignorant of their customer-oriented mission overshadowed by their profit-driven motives. The corporate culture now is management by blunders and they are getting better at it, each & every week with something new that leave you scratching your heads, shock and awe.

The biggest problem is the lack of direct & open communications in giving fair notices to all concerned parties. The same I.T. dept that have no trouble relaying daily marketing spam mails seemed incapable, unwilling and simply not emailing timely notifications and alerts on a selective basis.

Crew member are - IMO - probably doing their share of "don't ask, don't tell" while managers and supervisor ranks are directed by HQ to implement regardless - so individuals might be conveniently overlooking if they are pre-occupied and distracted ;) :p Some tips - a strategic choice on where to sit in O'Sheehan on the Breakaway will provide easy "covers" for putting things away quietly and/or walking out discretely, if one so choose. :D - no matter what they say and as always, YMMV.

If this is management by examples - watch out, it is just the beginning and they are far from done ... I really, really feel for the crews.

Burial at Sea? Who says CC doesn't have a voice. We all spoke, they listened. NCL one of my fav cruise lines and happy they tossed this policy overboard!

Should I make a comment about chucking crap overboard and environmental protection - probably not...:rolleyes:

Yes, you can ask the speciality restaurant to give you your dessert to go and have your yummy filet you couldn't finish, wrapped up too! You can also take food from the buffet and bring it back. I just left the Star and this is first hand, no speculation, first hand info. Fellow travelers we will not starve. Happy cruising" by the way Star refurbishment is awesome. Love this pretty baby.

very interesting

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6382