Current MDR Menu: What is Good and What is Bad?

curtdesilets

Melody(awhfy) is correct. On a recent Celebrity cruise I ordered a steak. What was delivered looked like a very thick cut t-bone with a very generous tenderloin portion. It was excellent. One of the best I've ever had in any venue on a cruise ship......BTW, the crab cakes in the MDR are to die for!!! :)

This is really something....in all my cruises I have never seen this on

the main dining room menu. I will be on Summit in November....maybe

I should see if I can get one.....I LOVE a good steak:D

This is really something....in all my cruises I have never seen this on

the main dining room menu. I will be on Summit in November....maybe

I should see if I can get one.....I LOVE a good steak:D

Hi Lois! Yes, I was surprised as well. We were on the Eclipse doing a TA that was provisioned in Southampton. I believe Melody's cruise was out of Miami. So it wasn't just a one-off thing. As my wife reminded me last night, all of us at the table were dubious as to what quality of cut I would receive. It was ordered off the right side of the menu, so it wasn't one of those NY strips, like what is usually found on the left side. We will be on the Silhouette in a couple of weeks, so we will be on the lookout for a repeat! Take care............

We had our first cruise with Celebrity this past March on the Reflection. In comparison, the MDR had the best overall food we have experienced ( Carnival and RC being the others ). We spent one dinner at a specialty restaurant with friends but would have been just as happy to stay where we were. The one meal we really enjoyed was the Beef Wellington. The strangest part of dining was the repeat green beans night after night...luckily we like green beans. ;)

The MDR, and most Celebrity restaurants are best with anything slow cooked, stewed, braised or roasted. Anything made to order ala minute is problematic.

Stick with soups, casseroles , and the above..

I think you are correct with this suggestion. We sailed Solstice last month, and I can tell you all of the salmon dishes (Fresh Alaskan Salmon) were excellent as were the SPE Certified meals. Did not care for the pizza or the wheat pasta at the Buffet. Wheat pasta blows.

-Curt (OP)