I am worried because there will be a JOCO groupe on our cruise.

I have sailed with a group of JOCO cruise before, I believe they had 800 booked on the FOS. They are a polite fun group who are happy to answer questions, I was wondering about the Fez night. The only way I noticed they were there was they had all the cabanas booked on CoCo Cay. They have their own events booked and do not bother anyone. I would sail with that group aboard again anytime. As a plus, I did get to hear Wil Wheaton give an informal talk in one of the bars.

Edited by dacsmom

Don't worry. I was on a cruise with a bunch of Republicans! Still had a good time. They all sat together and we hardly knew they were there.:eek:

Another time we sailed with a whole group of Democrats! Interesting group. Met some nice people an would probably sail with them again.:eek:

On the other hand, there were a bunch of Christians on a cruise. That was a great time. Thank You Jesus!!!;)

Well I am on it now so I think I will just go with the flow and try to enjoy.

The thing that bothers me is we have early trad. Dining because of a 4 year old and it seems like this groupe take over the early dining in the main dining room completely so I think we will be on deck 4 in Issac.

That is ok but we always like out of the way tables because we have a 4 year old with problems when their is too much noise or traffic.

We need a table for 6 and was wondering are we better off to ask for a window table or alcove for a quieter table.

Any ideas?

I'd mail requesting a quiet table in advance, and explain why. Someone will have the correct email address, but it's something along the lines of "dining" @rccl.com Just explain the situation with regards the 4 year old and they should be able to handle it, particularly as you're mailing so far in advance.

I was wondering about the Fez night.

Well, fezes are cool. And who'd want to miss a feztravaganza ;)

A lovesong:

Well I am on it now so I think I will just go with the flow and try to enjoy.

The thing that bothers me is we have early trad. Dining because of a 4 year old and it seems like this groupe take over the early dining in the main dining room completely so I think we will be on deck 4 in Issac.

That is ok but we always like out of the way tables because we have a 4 year old with problems when their is too much noise or traffic.

We need a table for 6 and was wondering are we better off to ask for a window table or alcove for a quieter table.

Any ideas?

Email RCL dining-- 2 weeks before you go and request the area you would like for your table.

rcldining@rccl.com

There are often little children on board, so they may have a spot for you.

JOCO will have the whole lower deck for early dining. We had a table up on the next deck. Some JOCO are up there too, we had about 1000 on the Indy this year.

They have open seating so they can move about and meet people in their group. Really was no problem, we had some interesting chats with many and they are adults and were very well behaved.:D Many bring their children as well.

They do pay a lot for the cruise with their own entertainers and functions.

Why should you have to go with the flow, hardly notice a group or adjust your vacation before you have even started your cruise. ? Lots of ships and cruises to choose from that you won't even have to do that. that is a large group and the vast majority of cruise don't have groups that large.

They might be saying, OH NO, we are sailing with lyban

We're happy to be sharing the ship with lyban, and anyone else who by happenstance will be on the Freedom that week!

Granted we're biased, but we've found that our cruisers do indeed tend to be friendly and considerate, and yes, nerdier than your average Joe or Jane. And every year we work with the ship to make sure our special events interfere with regular ship operations to the least extent possible.

Yes, we do take up a considerable number of seats in the main dining room during the early seating, and we apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. Basically, we have to all be in the same dinner seating in order for everyone in our group to see the shows together that we put on in the main theater or Studio B.

And if anyone is curious about exactly what the JoCo Cruise is, we've recently put together a little guide to try and explain it (to the extent that it's possible).

Happy cruising,

The JoCo Cruise Home Office

• 3 months later...

How cool to have found this thread about the JoCo Cruise!! I was kind of thinking of trying to go on the upcoming one, but pretty sure that isn't going to be doable AT ALL. Maybe 2017. Not to try and find out if there is a specific JoCo section here on CC! If anyone knows, I'd love a link to it, pretty please with pickles and peas (as my 5 year old grandson is fond of saying. LOL)

As a side note, I found it head-shakingly amusing how many people in the group pics were sporting wrist braces. I don't know why the geek community hasn't done any widespread wrist brace modding yet. So many of us need them. I think I feel a mission coming on! LOL.

I just dug a little deeper as our Indy cruise has been very full for a mid-Sept sailing and found our large group...Heavenly cruises. Anyone sail with them before?

We sailed with a large oldies song cruise last Feb and it was fine but they did have a lot of evening events and as such, the typical evening events that the ship hosted were fairy empty considering.

I am sailing feb 21,2016 on freedom and now find out there is a large group of joco cruisers on our sailing. Maybe 1000 persons.

Will I be very disappointed with this sailing.:confused:

Don't be in the least bit concerned. We were on the same ship with them in 2014 on the Indy. They were a great bunch. They were a fun loving group of geeks who caused no issues whatsoever. I'd have no problem if they showed up on another cruise of ours again. Go and have fun. Other than their purposely funny way of dressing at times, you won't even know they are around.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

We were on the Joco sailing last year but not part of the group. We had a great time. The groups attendees were respectful, fun, and overall great people. There were some venues closed for private parties, but other than that and some interesting hair colors, you barely noticed they were there. Also be on the lookout for some celebrity sitings. I actually had the opportunity to play blackjack seated besides Will Wheaton!!

Edited by Flamingo33

• 1 month later...
HOLY CRAP! Some of my favorite authors and musicians are on the cruise!!! It's like getting personal time with all of them. I'm booking.

FYI - You must book through JOCO to be a part of their special events and I'm pretty sure they are sold out. You can check here: https://jococruise.com/2016/book/#/Describe%20Your%20Party

My son' s going for his honeymoon.