2-Level Upgrade - Cove to Balcony?

Many would consider Cove balconies superior to balconies on deck 6-8, I certainly would.

Agreed - that's an "upgrade" I wouldn't take. The Coves are delightfully close to the water...and the standard balconies on that ship offer a delightfully disappointing view of the open lanai deck below. Just loved getting to look at a hot tub instead of the ocean...

I agree about cove being better than a reg. balcony. If I would have done

more research when I sailed on the Dream I would have booked a cove

cabin. I booked a cabin on deck six and I was in the middle of two hot tubs

on the lanai deck. The only thing about a cove is don't book one under

the GALLEY. I have read that from 4:00am all you hear is banging pots

and pans getting ready for breakfast. Just do your research and you will

love a cove. HAPPY SAILING!!!

We love cove balconies. I would stick with the cove balcony vs a higher up balcony.

I have my first Cove in a few days. My cabin mate wanted to "upgrade" and I said no way. Ive been waiting a long time for a cove.

I always say Carnivals opinion of a better stateroom is not always consistent with my opinion.

Cove balconies are often offered upgrades as they are very marketable. They move you from that awesome cove to a regular balcony for little or no money and then upsell that interior or ocean view booking to your cove for big bucks.

One other question.

Ports would be Ocho Rios, GC, and Cozumel.

Port or starboard side cove balcony?

I'd like to be able to see us arrive into port, not the oceanview side.

...then port side, of course!

The port side does not mean you will always face the port when docking.

I picked the starboard side for Breeze so we could see the coast of Cuba those times when we pass fairly close by.

Are cove balconies only on deck 2? I'm looking at 2 different ships and both have cove balconies as included in the prices and both are on deck 2. Regular balconies are extra.

Wow, everyone likes them. Hmmm maybe I need to try it, hope I don't regret it that would make for a long 7 days since I love spending time on our balcony. So they are not as open as regular balconies, right?

Edited by drob

Wow, everyone likes them. Hmmm maybe I need to try it, hope I don't regret it that would make for a long 7 days since I love spending time on our balcony. So they are not as open as regular balconies, right?

Don't know what your "open" means, but I'd classify them cozy with the lifeboats overhead.

A Cove is considered a 7C--two categories up would be an 8B which is a Standard Balcony.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/dream.ashx

I hope this isn't a hijack...

We have a Cove (7C) on the Dream for our upcoming cruise, booked as Early Saver. The 7C category for that cruise is sold out at this time. If a higher category balcony (8A or higher) price goes below the price of our sold out Cove category, can I still submit an ES Price Protection claim?