Who comes up with these policies?

For crying out loud ! Everyone whined and cried when they issued the new policy. NCL reversed their decision and went back to the original policy and STILL everyone is whining and crying about the decision making process @ NCL.............. WHO CARES !! .

D

If you don't care why read this thread? Certainly no one is forcing you.

Also the people complaining DO CARE. This is why they are complaining. They have a history with NCL and want it to be the best it can be. Without passenger feedback NCL would have no way of knowing what is working and what isn't. Those that really don't care say nothing.

I fully agree with fishin'--

For nearly 20 years I had a job with an agency whose decisions affected 300,000 people. Whenever we wanted to make a change, we talked about it, talked with others about it, discussed it again, then discussed it more. We went through a lot of "what ifs" and "how abouts".

Then, when we made the decision to change something, we set it to start at a future date, then communicated, communicated, communicated. We never, ever "knee jerked". And we never had a change backfire on us. Yes, sometimes we had negative press, but we communicated with the press, explained why we did what we did and how it was necessary. We usually ended up with turning the bad press into positive press.

There is zero reason why NCLH should make these "knee jerk" decisions. They have many highly trained people on the ships that can help explain the ramifications of these type of decisions before implementation.

Yes, that's the way most do it. However, in this case do some research on Del Rio. He has a tendency to social engineer. If you like to be social engineered you'll love his style.

Yes, that's the way most do it. However, in this case do some research on Del Rio. He has a tendency to social engineer. If you like to be social engineered you'll love his style.

Your humor eveded me until I googled social engineer !!! Very good !!!

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people so they give up confidential information. The types of information these criminals are seeking can vary,

If that's the case; he's probably trying to social engineered NCL passengers into eating less, not waste so much food, be more cleaner, and have more class / manners. For good example of what's he's trying to change: Turning Walmart shoppers into the Nordstrom / Neiman Marcus crowd. Good luck to Del Rio on that, he going to need it.:eek:

Ump

The point is the bigger picture - the changes are, in themselves, fairly minor. The over-riding issue is the manner in which they are instituted: (lack of communication to pax and staff; poor PR; no thought as to the collateral implications of these 'back-of-the-envelope' policy changes).

These issues, coupled with the apparent disrespect for passengers shown by one of the senior management team, leads some of us to think that we do not trust these people with our safety or our vacation money.

Who knows what other 'bright ideas' this person will come up with?

I for one, do not trust him not to screw about with a decent product.

What will change between me booking, paying and sailing?

If I do not trust a company to deliver what they advertise at the time I book, I will not do business with them. NCL is currently falling within my list of not trusted companies.

I could not agree more. A lot of discussion about dirty dishes, fees, etc. has confused the situation. For me the key issues are:

(1) NCL Holdings' management made statements in a semi-public stockholder meeting that they desired to attract a slightly more affluent customer to the NCL Brand. Many long-term NCL customers - including me - were insulted by this statement.

(2) NCL Holdings' management made an untenable decision (no take out food) that effected thousands of shipboard personnel and the entire customer base of NCL - NCL Holdings' largest brand - without any market or customer research or any form of due diligence at all.

(3) Rather that apologizes, or even admit it was a mistake, NCL Holdings management backpedaled by simply saying they did not put much thought into the decision.

(4) Since the acquisition of PCH, NCL Holdings' brands have attracted major national and international press attention from three incidents (Insignia fire, drowning on Gem and grounding of the Dawn), which also resulted in four deaths. Considerable adverse press was also received from the take out food policy.

Being a simple customer I cannot identify blame for these decisions, actions or events. However, I can state that this is not the conduct of a company that wish to spend my vacation dollars with nor do I really want to trust my life and safety with.

For me, I am not canceling the bookings I have with the NCL Holdings' brands (all made before the acquisition of PCH) but I am not making any new ones at this time.

In the interest of full disclosure only, I have traveled on NCL 121 days and have 7 days booked, Oceania 14 days traveled and 39 days booked, and I have never traveled on Regent. Princess is by far my favorite Brand with 231 days traveled and 41 days booked. I have also traveled on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Holland America, and Carnival.

If that's the case; he's probably trying to social engineered NCL passengers into eating less, not waste so much food, be more cleaner, and have more class / manners. For good example of what's he's trying to change: Turning Walmart shoppers into the Nordstrom / Neiman Marcus crowd. Good luck to Del Rio on that, he going to need it.:eek:

Did you consider the possibility he is trying to disparage NCL enough to dissuade people from sailing on NCL ?

He seems to be making some big strides in that direction.

"The bigger boys made me do it" was never an acceptable excuse at school - it certainly isn't acceptable in the world of business:D.

I don't think anyone is relying on a paycheck earned while in school to support their family. :rolleyes:

If you don't care why read this thread? Certainly no one is forcing you.

Also the people complaining DO CARE. This is why they are complaining. They have a history with NCL and want it to be the best it can be. Without passenger feedback NCL would have no way of knowing what is working and what isn't. Those that really don't care say nothing.

Well said.

For crying out loud ! Everyone whined and cried when they issued the new policy. NCL reversed their decision and went back to the original policy and STILL everyone is whining and crying about the decision making process @ NCL.............. WHO CARES !! .

If you didn't like it then take your business elsewhere, obviously those above who seem to be complaining the loudest are still going to cruise with NCL as they're still complaining! Don't read anyone saying they've had enough and are taking their cruise $ somewhere else.

No one anywhere is forcing you to cruise with this company or that company, YOU get to choose where to spend your cruise $. But for goodness sakes, do any of you actually read what you say here............... next time bring a Big Block of Cheese to go with your whine !!!!!!!

Life's to short to get you undies in a knot over the little stuff, sit back and enjoy the view around you- take it all in cuz it will be the last time you'll see it exactly like that.

cheers...the Ump...:D

It seems to be you and I against the world on this one. I am just tired of the whining. The decision was overturned; good, end of story and who cares who came up with the idea? I know we keep hearing if we are tired of the bashing, stop reading the threads, but my feeling; both sides need to be part of the discussion, like it or not. If only the complainers are going to post it is a one sided and appears to be an issue they may not be.

It seems to be you and I against the world on this one. I am just tired of the whining. The decision was overturned; good, end of story and who cares who came up with the idea? I know we keep hearing if we are tired of the bashing, stop reading the threads, but my feeling; both sides need to be part of the discussion, like it or not. If only the complainers are going to post it is a one sided and appears to be an issue they may not be.
My thoughts as well! There are always two sides to every issue. Edited by NLH Arizona

If you didn't like it then take your business elsewhere, obviously those above who seem to be complaining the loudest are still going to cruise with NCL as they're still complaining! Don't read anyone saying they've had enough and are taking their cruise $ somewhere else.

No one anywhere is forcing you to cruise with this company or that company, YOU get to choose where to spend your cruise $. But for goodness sakes, do any of you actually read what you say here............... next time bring a Big Block of Cheese to go with your whine !!!!!!!

Life's to short to get you undies in a knot over the little stuff, sit back and enjoy the view around you- take it all in cuz it will be the last time you'll see it exactly like that.

Careful the babies are going to attack you now lol. as I said before some people aren't happy unless they're mad.

The thing is you are not taking a side in regards to the issue at hand...it appears your 'issue' is with people expressing their opinion. There is a huge difference between the two.

The threads can continue for those that wish to discuss the different sides on any given topic. For those that just want to criticize their fellow CC members and their opinions perhaps it is time to move along.

Rochelle

Well I was going to do a "multi quote" but just didn't see the need as you'll know who I'm talking about.

Only a few of you actually got the gist of my comment and the majority of you are still in "whine" mode.

Those of you who did, well we're like minded and to those who didn't are the ones that have to be complaining about something in life (or everything as your names are here all the time).

As for how many times I have cruised has absolutely nothing to do with this subject, but that's coming from that sacred group that feel that because they have cruised more than someone else they have the right above all to dictate to someone there beliefs.

I feel sorry for you and "your kind" you all deserve each other.

I also have feelings and opinions about the on again off again policies that have occurred, but some just feel the need to " Whip A dead Horse", I have moved on a long time ago. The stress will only lead to an early grave and I will have a kind word for your spouses while paying my respect.

Get over it kids.

I feel sorry for you and "your kind" you all deserve each other.

Really? If so, then why so bitter? And for the record, what exactly is "my kind"?

I also have feelings and opinions about the on again off again policies that have occurred, but some just feel the need to " Whip A dead Horse", I have moved on a long time ago.

I don't believe it.

The stress will only lead to an early grave and I will have a kind word for your spouses while paying my respect.

Trust me, this has no resemblance to stress. However, based on the tone of your posts, may I make the suggestion to perhaps make sure your life insurance is current?

Get over it kids.

Sure thing gramps.

The thing is you are not taking a side in regards to the issue at hand...it appears your 'issue' is with people expressing their opinion. There is a huge difference between the two.

The threads can continue for those that wish to discuss the different sides on any given topic. For those that just want to criticize their fellow CC members and their opinions perhaps it is time to move along.

Rochelle

Thank you Rochelle.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Stillfloatin';46692293]Perhaps you should add a Gr to the beginning of your name. But to answer your question of "who cares?", those of us who have cruised for many more years with NCL than you have, have watched this wonderful cruise line go from an innovative customer centric entity to a company that has lost touch with its passenger base and has instituted a series of policies that negatively impact the cruise experience. I have not whined or stomped my feet in a temper tantrum, but have stated my opinions as to the poor executive decision process that has angered enough customers to reach this level of reaction. Maybe after another 10 years or so of sailing with NCL, you also will get disgusted as you watch the continued degradation of a once fine product.[/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHH nicely said! And the bad decisions continue.....hmmm I need to fix my sig line...takes up alot of room doesn't it?