Real Benefits of Aqua or Concierge?

KazAllen

Is it correct that Persian Gardens is aft on Equinox? I thought when we first booked and were in a forward cabin starboard side that deck plans showed this area in front of the ship on the port side. We are now midship on the hump so either location would work.

Persian gardens are Forward on Equinox - if you look at the deckplan there is a spiral staircase leads from the starboard side -

Port side forward we could walk to the Relaxation area - (which is SUPPOSED to be only for AQ guests) - then we would double back down a corridor starboard to the Persian gardens.

I have to be honest - we thought Celebrity's spa was a mega let down. We had already books AQ again for our forthcoming Alaska cruise - BLU is the main reason - although if we cruise Celebrity again after Alaska - then we would book an ordinary balcony and use the specialty restaurants plus MDR select. BLU for breakfast - yes its lovely - but just don't ask for a boiled egg - it is painful :rolleyes: We DID finally manage to have boiled eggs done properly - but it was the laughing joke throughout the guests every time someone ordered a boiled egg :p

For us the SPA cabin was the main draw. We always do a TA cruise in the fall, 2015 we did the 14 night equinox - for 2016 - we are going back on NCL - much prefer their SPA set up and on a two week cruise - The deal also gives us free premium drinks + 6 night speciality dining - no brainer - Celebrity lose.

BLU - yes, we do love it - just don't know that its worth the extra £400 each (around $600 each)we paid for it. $1200 buys a lot of Speciality Dining.

Don't book AQ for the SPA - its useless - such a let down Celebrity - you got it so wrong ...

We really enjoyed our time in Persian Gardens, did not use the spa services because I run a Massage Envy and no one does a massage like my therapists! So, we saved money there. I am not sure we would pick Aqua again either because we did not find a lot of value in the perks provided. Room was very small but perfectly maintained entire cruise and did enjoy the chocolate on my pillow again but not enough to pay extra.

Different ships different Persian Gardens?

On the Solstice Class ships, the Persian Gardens have a large window facing the port side of the ship. The main feature is a grouping of 10 heated ceramic loungers that are just wonderful to relax and soothe the aches and pains. There is also a steam room and a sauna/inhalation room. The problem with the loungers is that people tend to claim them for extended periods of time and it can be impossible to find an open one.

On the Millennium Class ships, the Persian Gardens were an add-on during the remodels to add Aqua Class to the ships. Also located in the spa area, there is one long bench with a seated back and bottom that, while pleasant, is not as comfy as the loungers on the S-Class. On the other hand, it's also not as crowded. Personally, I think the sauna and steam rooms on the M-Class are better. There's a separate inhalation room as well.

I have never sailed Celebrity although I have two cruises booked. However, I have done a ton of research and can honestly say that there is almost no perk for Concierge Class cabins. It appears they are slightly bigger on M class but that obviously does not apply to every cruise. We booked CC on next summers cruise because that is the class of the Aft balconies and an aft balcony was a must for us. I could see doing Aqua for Blu but since those did not have the location we went with CC. On the upcoming cruise we booked late and just took a standard veranda but we did get one near the hump that has a slightly bigger balcony.

Most things advertised as perks for CC are perks anyone can get if they just ask. Those things are expanded room service menu, pillow menu, foot stools, etc.

For me CC gives me priority embarkation, really important with kids, a free bottle of bubbly wine which, we have a drink package so no big deal but I like a glass or two in the room and don't want to walk all over the ship to bring back glasses of wine to the room. I also like the afternoon canapes, well my husband does. They got fancy last time and he loved them. The robes are nice and the footstool. Also so is the position of the cabins. It was only about 300.00 extra for us and I guess that's the value we place on having these things.

CC does have a few perks which we value. The afternoon canapés (we order a cheese plate) is nice, as are the balcony footstools. We enjoy the pillow menu as we have different tastes in pillows. The bubbly is nice. The daily fruit tray is nice as well. These are not available to veranda on request. We also like cc cabin locations. Recently were upgraded to aqua and waiting to see if blu makes up for the less than preferable cabin locations.

Wondered if I could ask for clarification or confirmation of no formal nights if dining in

Blu. This is our first Celebrity Cruise...have done several Azamara which we like for a number of reasons...but no formal nights is a big one. We are booked in Aqua and this may be the best perk for us. Noticed that all our cruises on Royal Caribbean did not help us with points on Celebrity, although Azamara did. Thanks!

Sorry luvtravel I did not see your question. The MDR was the only place that formal was required. All specially restaurants are smart casual. That includes Blu. Now that Celebrity has changed to Evening Chic. It is all about the same.

Concierge for us, on our trip next week, was available as a $100 upgrade from Ocean View to Concierge. Nice to have the balcony & the 5X Captain's Club points - which puts us at the next level for our Asia trip. And on the Constellation - our room/balcony will be slightly larger.

Our first time w/ Concierge was a holiday cruise a few years back on the Eclipse. it was the best deal for a balcony cabin at the time - we enjoyed it!!

There is a right cabin fit for everyone - our decision is usually value dependent - if we get the right cost/benefit ratio we are happy in any cabin... Of course we've never been in a suite :)