New Noro on the Marina May 2015

roberts2005

Mura maybe O is learning from your cruise that many people are non compliant when using the gel so now they must treat everyone like children & insist on it

Oceania rarely had outbreaks of GI or NORO but now seem to be getting it more often

Change in demographics, sign of the times who know

I am with Bill P wash wash wash & use the gel when you cannot

Back home after the Lima-New York and the New York - Montreal cruises.

I suspect the response of Oceania to a mild gastro issue had something to do with the Miami port of call and a possible inspection.

To sum up - After New York medium rare steak was back on the menu as was sushi. regular ice deliveries were the order of the day and I even hugged the occasional lady.

David

David - Glad you are home.

We ate in Terrace Cafe usually for breakfast and a few lunches/dinners and the staff was cleaning chair backs and arms for the first part of the cruise and relaxed a few days later. When we asked, we were told that things were back to all clear.

We were very careful to use sanitizer regularly. In an enclosed environment, very hard to see that all passengers are compliant.

I suspect that the more port intensive cruises actually have less GI issues because there is less contact between passengers.

On my last Celebrity cruise, there was a crew member "stationed" in the Ladies room, passing out hand towels and DIRECTING all to the sinks after doing their business. Politely, of course, but there to make sure at least under their watch, there were no hand washing "skippers".

When I first joined CC, I remember a post, that literally changed my life.

I was a woman who admitted she was one of the non-hand washers.... She NEVER washed her hands with soap and water because it washed away the good germs!!

I am sure she is not the only one who believes that, and I remember that when touching things in public. And wash my hands during the day frequently, especially coming home from being out in public.