What should I do in Roatan!

Hope4MeToo

This is my seventh cruise but my first time going to Roatan. I have seen posts for beaches and dolphin encounters but not sure what my daughter and I should do. My daughter is 18 and we are taking a mother-daughter cruise together. Any recommendations from experience cruisers? If we go to the beach how do I get there? Do I just take a taxi? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the posts here for Victor Bodden or Rony's Tours. Both have websites you can google. And then look over their tours suggestions or just book an "island" tour. Cheapest transportation cost, safe, knowledgeable drivers, great way to see more than just a beach.

We have used Rony's tours twice. The touring is flexible and the driver will go to places the guests want to go and come up with suggestions if need be. We had Rony as our driver in 2008 and Hector was our driver two weeks ago.

I don't remember everywhere we went but here are some that I remember and I recommend depending on your schedule: South Shore Canopy Zipline, Iquana Farm, Roatan Museum, Foster's Beach at West Bay.

Since you will be on a RCCL cruise, you and your daughter will be docked in Coxen Hole, seriously consider looking at what your cruise ship has to offer for shore excursions.

If you find one you both like, it won't be a problem. They will pick you up at the ship, take you to have fun, and return you to the ship ... with no advance planning on your part! :D

LuLu