Sailing Grandeur in a week: Is there any hope for dancing/lounge entertainment?

Well, at least it's Bermuda!!!!

But onboard........

Such a diminishing quality of nightly entertainment...

Evidently, they terminated the only 2 bands they've had, without replacing them.:confused:

The br-ass knows they can getaway with the quiet removing of expected free entertainment, and still sail with 100% capacity out of Baltimore.

RCCL"s only competition is CCL's Pride, who BTW, also are completely gutting their once great live on-board bands.

Please is there anyone who recently debarked, having good news??

Sorry for being such a Cruise Critic:rolleyes:

Al

Well, at least it's Bermuda!!!!

But onboard........

Such a diminishing quality of nightly entertainment...

Evidently, they terminated the only 2 bands they've had, without replacing them.:confused:

The br-ass knows they can getaway with the quiet removing of expected free entertainment, and still sail with 100% capacity out of Baltimore.

RCCL"s only competition is CCL's Pride, who BTW, also are completely gutting their once great live on-board bands.

Please is there anyone who recently debarked, having good news??

Sorry for being such a Cruise Critic:rolleyes:

Al

Hi,

Is there anyone who can provide some info re. the current bands on Grandeur for this June???

Al

Just my experience on Grandeur for two weeks in May. There seemed to be always something going on at night in the centrum -- sometimes a band and sometimes something by the entertainment staff. There was often a piano bar player in the schooner late night. I read that something was going on in the Viking Crown late night also but I did not go there. I enjoyed Grandeur and was never bored. Katherine

"Dance to big band sounds," as it appeared in the Compass. We checked out the location, the aft Pacific Lounge, and was disappointed to see just a handful of people listening to recorded music. There may have been a band there later though.

• 4 weeks later...
There was dancing! In the Centrum! To live music! Frequently!

I see that you were last in Grandeur back in May. Well, our best band in the Centrum is "no longer", they were let go, and Royal Caribbean will feel the drop in the good dancers not going in the Grandeur any more. Even for those that didn't dance (or couldn't) they could simply watch the best dancing in the industry since good dancers knew that Grandeur was the cruise to do.

I for one will not be going in the Grandeur in the future, until/unless Evergreen Trio comes back. It was the KEY reason I went in this cruise.

I don't give up easily, so I'm hoping for their return!

Hi

I haven't ben on RCCL since SONG OF AMERICA in 1988.....if you really want a lot of musical groups try CUNARD LINE. All their ships actually have ballrooms and orchestras for dancing. On the Queen Mary 2 there are 37 musicians alone including a four piece string group.. Check out their schedules.

Deck Chair.

Hi

I haven't ben on RCCL since SONG OF AMERICA in 1988.....if you really want a lot of musical groups try CUNARD LINE. All their ships actually have ballrooms and orchestras for dancing. On the Queen Mary 2 there are 37 musicians alone including a four piece string group..

I was just in the Queen Mary 2 and Elizabeth this past January. I danced to my heart's content....BUT this Evergreen Trio, still is my favorite. They played more different kinds of music.... from Tango, to Paso Doble, to Bachata, to Country Western Waltz, to Vienne Waltz...etc etc.... NOTHING was omitted!

Hi

I haven't been on RCCL since SONG OF AMERICA in 1988.....if you really want a lot of musical groups try CUNARD LINE. All their ships actually have ballrooms and orchestras for dancing. On the Queen Mary 2 there are 37 musicians alone including a four piece string group..

I was just in the Queen Mary 2 and Elizabeth this past January 2015. I danced to my heart's content....BUT this Evergreen Trio, still is my favorite. They played more different kinds of music.... from Tango, to Paso Doble, to Bachata, to Country Western Waltz, to Viennese Waltz...etc etc.... NOTHING was omitted!

This is dependent on your fellow passengers. I was on the Grandeur over NY this year and it was the best cruise i've ever had out of my 13 total. There was some serious dancing in the Viking Lounge, but i have to admit, i was not fond of that venue. They had some decent parties on the centrum too.