Big price drop!

Kinda irritated that the mini suites we paid over 1500 pp for are now down to less than 1100 pp one week out. Tried to get an upgrade a couple weeks ago when suites were the same price as mini suites. No luck since she said we had to pay the going rate from our original booking. Oh well guess that's the chance u take when you decide to plan ahead or wait for last minute. Now I don't know what I will plan to do for our next trip

Kinda irritated that the mini suites we paid over 1500 pp for are now down to less than 1100 pp one week out. Tried to get an upgrade a couple weeks ago when suites were the same price as mini suites. No luck since she said we had to pay the going rate from our original booking. Oh well guess that's the chance u take when you decide to plan ahead or wait for last minute. Now I don't know what I will plan to do for our next trip

Sometimes you pay more....it's part of the "game". If you watch the prices after your final payment...it'll drive you crazy. Just go on your cruise with a positive attitude...a big smile...and have a wonderful time!

Sometimes you pay more....it's part of the "game". If you watch the prices after your final payment...it'll drive you crazy. Just go on your cruise with a positive attitude...a big smile...and have a wonderful time!

Ugh, I agree! It's like playing the stock market! I booked back in April for next month and there have been incremental little drops since. At least I got the cabin I wanted. :D

That is just normal..although the price frequently goes up instead. There's no way to predict. And if you wait until the last minute, frequently the cost of travel arraignments last minute far exceeds any cruise price advantage. As someone said, just relax and enjoy. If you liked the price you paid when you purchased, then it still is a value for you. You're just experiencing what all of us experience from time to time.

I agree with being satisfied with whatever you first book but this sounds odd. Did you ask for the upgrade to the suite with a TA, PCC or by phone. Last fall we upgraded each time the new price dropped to the same or lower than our original booking. Went from Inside to oceanview to balcony to mini-suite, all by email with our PCC. Other have posted the same experience. If the new price drops to your original booking you should be able to change at that new rate.

It is always a gamble, but just think; how would you feel if the rate had gone up a couple hundred bucks. As for not being able to get upgraded to a suite, they do not always upgrade when the prices drop, especially when there is a huge difference between a mini suite which pretty much is just a nicer balcony cabin with more space and a suite.

We all sometimes wonder which way to go, so what we usually do (not always) is book a price and catagory we can live with, check rates up until final payment date and then I don't check anymore. That way I don't worry about what might have been.

On my first rcl cruise i had booked an inside...5 days before sailaway prices were so low i called and upgraded to deluxe aft facing balcony and i even got obc!!!so it pays looking at the prices even after final payment date..you never know what you may be able to get

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually, NCL will let you pay the difference between the price you paid and the current price of the suite. You may have to upgrade to a higher priced cabin or get a manager to make an exception. Either way, I'd call back and speak to a different rep. If you're booking through a TA then things can be much more complicated... which is why I usually book through NCL directly.

I've learned to check prices like crazy up until final payment and then never look again! If they are going to go down a lot it is after final payment and for obvious reasons. Better not to know! Booking last minute works sometimes but if you can only sail during peak months like us then I think I am better off booking early.