Onboard solstice - still molecular bar!!

illiniwahoo

I'm sitting onboard my balcony now with a glass of prosecco waiting for sail away and the molecular bar to open. Yes, still the molecular bar!! Menus are out and I confirmed with staff. I will try to get a date for switching to the new bar, but last I heard it was 5/22, which clearly didn't happen. [emoji2] love the molecular bar so happy I will get one last tanned russian, watermelon felon, and indulgence!

W

I'm sitting onboard my balcony now with a glass of prosecco waiting for sail away and the molecular bar to open. Yes, still the molecular bar!! Menus are out and I confirmed with staff. I will try to get a date for switching to the new bar, but last I heard it was 5/22, which clearly didn't happen. [emoji2] love the molecular bar so happy I will get one last tanned russian, watermelon felon, and indulgence!

Since you like the the Indulgence ask for the High Voltage or High Octane, it is called something like that. It is not on the menu but something they use to make. I would alternate between the two. The Bt we had would suggest stuff that they use to have and make them for us.

We had a great time at that bar and it ended up that the regulars became a social group. The BT would do drinks that were up his sleeve for the group. He was at the end of his contract, wasn't renewing and was really enjoying the group and all of us him. We all contributed and presented him with a "bonus" parting gift that was over and above any other tips that we gave. For us the Molecular bar will never be the same after that cruise. The drinks are still good but that cruise was one of our best because of that group and BT.

Drink up 🍹🍷🍸🍻🍺

Edited by miched

Please report back...we sail June 26th. I've heard that the change over may happen at the end of June. My biggest fear is I wont get the Molecular or World Class bar just a construction zone:mad:

Please report back...we sail June 26th. I've heard that the change over may happen at the end of June. My biggest fear is I wont get the Molecular or World Class bar just a construction zone:mad:

I'm on that sailing as well and have the same fear!

To verodoodle:

I got an email from Celebrity about advance reservations in the Specialty Dining and it clearly states that there is a 20% discount on the first night of the cruise. The email came a week or so ago...I am on the Solstice on June 5, they might send it to you about two weeks in advance. Go ahead and make any reservations you want now, you can always cancel them a week or so before you sail.

They were definitely set up to take specialty restaurant reservations right when you walked on the ship, but I don't remember if there was a discount or not.

My husband loves the High Voltage, so we had several of those. The didn't have the right foam for the watermelon felon, so that one was disappointing, but everything else was great.

A while ago someone posted a YouTube video that showed the World Class Bar on the ship that it was on, and it looked exactly like the Molecular bar, so I wouldn't worry too much about construction.

We walked around to the specialty restaurants while waiting for sail away. (We board as early as we can. :-) We knew about the 20% discount but we asked at Qsine if they had any specials for that night. They offered us 1/2 off! We took it. If you board early, I would go directly to the restaurant first and if they won't do better than 20% off, you didn't lose anything except a few extra calories with the walk.

That's awesome. :) Did you ever find out the changeover date for Molecular vs. World Class Bar? We leave for our Solstice cruise on Friday...I'm hoping we get a chance to enjoy the Molecular Bar cocktails one final time!

~ Shay

End of June was what I was told by the bartender, so I'm thinking you will still get to enjoy it one last time Shay!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's great news. :) Thanks for confirming...we're so excited for this cruise!

~ Shay