Food near McKinley Chalet

JPH814

We will be staying two nights at the McKinley Chalet prior to our cruise as part of the HAL package.

What options are available at the hotel and offsite for dinner?

We will be taking the Tundra Wilderness tour. I understand this starts pretty early. What are breakfast options? Also, it mentions a "hearty snack and beverage" provided on the bus. What does that include? What options exist to taking food onto the bus trip?

McKinley Chalet Resort? Lots of meal options- IF you don't have any mobility restrictions. Good pizza across the street, along with Subway, Salmon Bake, plus several more. There are dining options at the lodge, I believe this where Cabin Night is?

Don't assume your TWT will run "early", there are afternoon schedules.

As far as the TWT box lunch. It's not much. Prepackaged snacks and water, as I recall. Enough for me but probably not enough for most people. You can grab a sandwich to take with you at the snack shop at the Chalets, I think. (Haven't been there since HAL bought it)

If you have several days in the area there is also the option of walking over to the Princess Lodge. We have had a nice breakfast there and dinner in their dining room. We really like the Salmon Bake across the street from the Chalets.

McKinley Chalet Resort? Lots of meal options- IF you don't have any mobility restrictions. Good pizza across the street, along with Subway, Salmon Bake, plus several more. There are dining options at the lodge, I believe this where Cabin Night is?

Don't assume your TWT will run "early", there are afternoon schedules.

Thanks BQ - I have appreciated reading your advice for years. I first started researching Alaska cruises in 2006, but it is only now I have finally talked friends and family into pulling the trigger.

And I am assuming the TWT will be early because we booked an excursion through HAL (the Wilderness Run Rafting) that leaves at 6 PM. I am assuming (hoping) they give us at least an hour to grab some dinner.