Best Place to stay Fort Lauderdale

1234icruise44

This has probably been asked and answered many times before...Please help once more...Pre and Post cruise, which hotels have transportation to and from the port? Are there any hotels that have transportation from/to the airport to the hotel? :)...thanks CC family

DO NOT book a hotel based on "free" or paid shuttle service. you are limiting yourself. If you are going to have time to spend in town don't stay at the hotels near the airport/Dania unless you want to pay cab fares back and forth to town for stuff to do. Stay in Fort Lauderdale to enjoy the city and beach.

Cab fares from the airport to the city/beach/port area will run between 15-20$ depending on the hotel you choose. Cab to the port in the morning or from port to a hotel will run a little less.

Read thru threads here and you'll see hotels off 17th St are near port. But not near beach or water taxi. They are popular with cruisers with a short one night stay. For more time, head to Bahia Mar or Gallery One. Both excellent locations for things to see and do in walking distance.

I also can recommend Hyatt Place 17th street. Big and very nice rooms, walking distance to shops and restaurants. The hotel staff were excellent! I stayed for one night after a cruise. I would definitely stay again.

The problem with Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites is they are quite costly.

Any decent hotels on 17th street that are not $$$?

Also, is this location still recommended if arriving at FLL around noon the day before a cruise?

The problem with Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites is they are quite costly.

Any decent hotels on 17th street that are not $$$?

Also, is this location still recommended if arriving at FLL around noon the day before a cruise?

I did stay for one night pre cruise at Extended stay America on 17th st. It is literally across the parking lot from Holiday Inn Express 17th st. The hotel is really geared toward long term stays, however they do sometimes open up rooms for a night or two, and I got a room there for 110.00 night, November 2014.

It is a very basic hotel. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable IMO. They are equipped with full refrigerators and small kitchenette, however if you feel that you need to use it, you will need to order up dishes, utensils, pots and pans from the front desk. Staying one night pre cruise however, I did not need any of these items, though the refrigerator did come in handy for cooling drinks.

There is no pool, and the hotel claims to have a continental breakfast, but basically all it is, is granola bar, maybe a muffin, some fruit, and oatmeal packets. All these were more than adequate for me, who hardly ever eats breakfast. The free coffee in the lobby area was actually quite good IMO.

So, if you do not have much required except a clean room, comfortable bed, and good location, then I can recommend this hotel if you can snag it for one night at a good rate. Staff here were over top excellent. There is a shuttle to the cruise port which was 4.00pp in Nov.

I would stay here again, if for one night and if I get that same good rate.

ps...if you arrive around noon day before your cruise, it is good, because by the time you get to the hotel, more than likely you can check in already...I know, that I checked in here around 1pm, before their normal check in time. That will give you lots of time, to walk up to harbor shops area, or to Walgreens down the road for precruise items you like to pick up. I really love this area, for one night pre cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6