Recommendations for Harwich hotel

Hi all, this is one of the most helpful pages for asking questions on CC and the UK page looks like it is only being utilized by those with UK questions. I figured posting there likely won't reach out to those who have previously sailed from Harwich but currently don't have a need to be on UK pages. Hoping posting here reaches a bigger audience:)

Looking for recommendations for a hotel for a night before a Harwich sailing. I know good hotels around the London area, but looking for something closer to port.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at The Pier once. I woke up to see our ship sailing in past our windows....while I was still lying in bed! They do not have an elevator FYI. Quaint small area, food on site. We enjoyed it.

We stayed at The Pier once. I woke up to see our ship sailing in past our windows....while I was still lying in bed! They do not have an elevator FYI. Quaint small area, food on site. We enjoyed it.

Thanks. I will have a look.:)

There is also the British Isles Port of Call forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Having said that, although we had to cancel two years ago, we had reservations at the Premier Inn, Harwich. Close to the port, nothing special, adequate accommodations. Trip Advisor has many reviews.

Hi all, this is one of the most helpful pages for asking questions on CC and the UK page looks like it is only being utilized by those with UK questions. I figured posting there likely won't reach out to those who have previously sailed from Harwich but currently don't have a need to be on UK pages. Hoping posting here reaches a bigger audience:)

Looking for recommendations for a hotel for a night before a Harwich sailing. I know good hotels around the London area, but looking for something closer to port.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the Tower Hotel in 2012. It was a rather charming place with lots of history, and we loved it. It was converted from a home built by a sea captain in the 1800's IIRC. No elevators but plenty of kind help with luggage. Had restaurant on site. There are probably more modern hotels in the area. The Mint and the Premier were booked by others on our cruise, but I have no info on those.

There is also the British Isles Port of Call forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Having said that, although we had to cancel two years ago, we had reservations at the Premier Inn, Harwich. Close to the port, nothing special, adequate accommodations. Trip Advisor has many reviews.

Stayed at the Premier Inn two summers ago. Inexpensive and very comfortable. There is a large grocery across the parking lot that even carried wines. You can walk to the town from here. You can also see the port but a cab only costs about 10 pounds.

Stayed at the Premier Inn two summers ago. Inexpensive and very comfortable. There is a large grocery across the parking lot that even carried wines. You can walk to the town from here. You can also see the port but a cab only costs about 10 pounds.

We often use Premier inns all over UK can get good prices if you know when to look.

Not sure what you meanby the store carrying wine, all UK supermarkets have a licence for wines and spirits as do small corner shops.This one I think is a Morrisons.