bermuda transportation help, please!

firstcruiserDB

I've been reading this board for a long time, and I'm still a bit confused about what type of transportation we should purchase for our 3 days in Bermuda. I've tried searching and reading some more, but I just can't seem to figure out what we need! Can someone help, please?

We will be in Bermuda from Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon docked at the Royal Navy Dockyard. We would like to visit Horseshoe Bay Beach, Elbow Beach, Hamilton for the festival on Wednesday evening, and St. George, if time allows. We have a couple of excursions planned, so there won't be tons of free time each day.

Can you please help with the most economical and most convenient mode of transportation for us? I am thinking we don't really need a 3 day, unlimited pass, like I had originally planned. Help!

Thanks, Biker, for your info.

I do need to add that we want to limit standing in line, so I'm thinking we will purchase all tokens or a pass all at once?

Ugghhh.....help please!

Yup, I don't like lines ether . That why I bought 10 at once . It was cheaper than 2 passes too!

It looks like you would need to purchase six or eight tokens for each person with the four places you mention wanting to see while you are there. The tokens are $4.50 each so six tokens would be $27 a person and eight would be $36. That would give you each two tokens per ride to the various places and back to the Dockyard. If you are planning to get off the bus or ferry at different locations, the all inclusive pass would be a better buy for either the two day or three day passes. On some bus routes, you can get a transfer to a different bus but I am not sure how that works. We have always purchased the pass. It makes it so easy to just show the bus driver the pass and board the bus. The prices for the passes has gone up this year but it is still a great bargain if you plan on doing a lot of traveling around the island. If you purchase the two day pass, you have to use it on two consecutive days not on day 1 and 3.

Just back from the summit, at the pink transportation stand right in front of the ship when you get off you can buy passes and tokens, we paid cash but I'm 90% sure I heard that they take credit cards.

Just back from the summit, at the pink transportation stand right in front of the ship when you get off you can buy passes and tokens, we paid cash but I'm 90% sure I heard that they take credit cards.

Can anyone confirm the credit card accepted for transportation pass? :confused: It would be so nice not to have to play "How much cash do I bring?" on this cruise.;)

Can anyone confirm the credit card accepted for transportation pass? :confused: It would be so nice not to have to play "How much cash do I bring?" on this cruise.;)

Anything can change, but in the past you were never able to use a credit card at the pier to purchase transportation passes and tokens...and we've been on many cruises that docked there.

I thought that tokens were only sold in Hamilton. Has this changed? Would love that convenience, as we only plan on taking the Hamilton ferry over and back once.

No...it's the ticket books that are only sold in Hamilton. Tokens and transportation passes have been sold at Dockyard for as long as I can remember.

No...it's the ticket books that are only sold in Hamilton. Tokens and transportation passes have been sold at Dockyard for as long as I can remember.

I guess we have only purchased 2 or 3 day passes, so I never asked about tokens, as DH was doing all the work, and I was enjoying the results!

Edited by Bell Ringer

how much are tokens? i'm trying to plan for a group of 6-8 people. we're not all doing all the same things together, but dh and i, along with another couple, are comfortable taking public transport in many places. i hear bermuda is friendly and safe. we've only ever been to the bahamas and taken taxis, but the taxis seem more expensive in bermuda... any place we can cut costs! right now, we're considering booking an excursion as a group with the cruise line... i know some of us are also planning on going to the caves and we'll all end up at the beach daily, i'm sure.

how much are tokens? i'm trying to plan for a group of 6-8 people. we're not all doing all the same things together, but dh and i, along with another couple, are comfortable taking public transport in many places. i hear bermuda is friendly and safe. we've only ever been to the bahamas and taken taxis, but the taxis seem more expensive in bermuda... any place we can cut costs! right now, we're considering booking an excursion as a group with the cruise line... i know some of us are also planning on going to the caves and we'll all end up at the beach daily, i'm sure.

Tokens are $4.50 each and are good for one bus or ferry ride.

Bermuda is friendly and safe. We use the buses and ferries all the time and it's probably more than 20 years since we've taken a taxi while in Bermuda.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a report...just back & they accepted visa to pay for your passes/tokens @ the visitors center in the Dockyard, just past the Ferry stops. And I would suggest asking every bus (some said "special") but helped the extra crowd on the number 7/8 routes.

Just got back from Bermuda today on the Celebrity Summit.

We were a party of 8 and buying the 3 day pass worked out

the best for us. We traveled all over exploring the island

and going to the beach. Really enjoyed it and did not

have to worry about buying extra bus fare. Taxis are very expensive

depending where you want to go. The one taxi wanted $75 dollars an hour

to take us sightseeing, (same places we did cheaper by bus).

We paid with a visa, there is a fee of $3.50 for using the credit card.

Edited by Angelsea57

Check out this link

https://www.gotobermuda.com/get-here/maps-and-brochures/

They are very detailed. I brought home a bus schedule in my pocket but it will not photograph/scan very well with all the creases. If you have something specific, ask. [emoji6] One thing everyone was 100% correct was how helpful the people were with helping you get to where you wanted to go.