The 4 millionth royal Caribbean drinks package question

Hi guys, sorry to ask another Royal Caribbean drinks package question (and if this has been asked recently I apologize) but are there any circumstances where you can cancel a drinks package? We are considering getting a drinks package but we aren't sure if we will get our money's worth. Basically what I want to know is, after trying it for a day or so, can I cancel it if we find its not worth it, or are we locked into it?

You can cancel a drinks package before the cruise if you have pre purchased it, but not once you are onboard and started using it - there is no 'trial' period with the package.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in whether or not you will be able to cancel your drinks package mid-cruise.

Some people have succeeded in having it cancelled, others have been told that they're stuck with it.

Good luck.

We waited until we boarded to buy our packages as I wasn't sure whether we would get value for money, nor whether the wines included would suit us.

Once on board we checked out the drinks list at the nearest bar - cocktails $14 (gratuity included). Then we went to the MDR and looked at the wine lists. The main wine list had wines that we liked at $11-$14 per glass. There was also a separate wine list of cheaper Australian/NZ wines (uo to $9 per glass) but this list was very heavy on Sauvignon Blancs and Cabernet Sauvignons, which are two wines I can't drink.

Given that we would be ordering the more expensive wines by the glass plus cocktails we worked that the packages would be cost effective for us. Even on port days we had no difficulty getting our moneys worth - we did have late traditional dining so plenty of time for pre-dinner cocktails ;)

If you're not sure about whether you'll get your moneys worth, and don't want to risk not getting a refund, then I suggest you try the first couple of days without the package and see how that works for you.

However the convenience of having the package should be factored in ;) no having to sign slips of paper each time you want a drink.

If you're going on a longer cruise, it might be worth waiting until you're onboard.

The last cruise I did on the Radiance (17 nights), they had an onboard special, pay for 12 days and get 5 days free.

I'm still fairly new to cruising, so I don't know if this is common, or not.