Air included from Europe to USA?

CruisingCleo

Reading the Oceania forum, it seems that for US passengers airfare, even from the US to Europe or Asia, is included in the cruise fare. Is it also the other way around? For European passenger who want to cruise in the Caribbean, leaving from Miami? I can not find anything about that on the Oceania website and the Dutch TA's that offer Oceania do not have the air included in the fare.

Thanks in advance for the information,

Mirjam

I don't believe you do. From what I've heard, that is a perk for the U.S. and Canada, no one else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please ... someone!

Mura

Reading the Oceania forum, it seems that for US passengers airfare, even from the US to Europe or Asia, is included in the cruise fare. Is it also the other way around? For European passenger who want to cruise in the Caribbean, leaving from Miami? I can not find anything about that on the Oceania website and the Dutch TA's that offer Oceania do not have the air included in the fare.

Mirjam

In the UK the cruise price almost always includes the airfare, whether to the Med, Caribbean or Asia. Hope this helps.

In the UK the cruise price almost always includes the airfare, whether to the Med, Caribbean or Asia. Hope this helps.

+1. We recently cruised in Asia and the airfare was included. We took the air credit because I like to be in control of my own flights. Same applied last year going from Istanbul to Venice. We fly from the north of England.

I think it would be the same if we were cruising from Miami.

SellaVee, is that the same price as published by Oceania on their website, I mean the promotional fare?

Mirjam

Miriam, when I go onto the oceaniacruises.com website I usually get the UK version of the site with prices in £ Sterling. These prices include airfare, although they didn't always.

The Oceania homepage mentions free flights as part of the "Your World Your Way" promotion. Some cruises also offer free gratuities.

As far as the "free flights" are concerned it's worth noting that if you don't want them you can have money off the price of your cruise - it's called air credit. I use an online travel agent who tells me how much the air credit is worth. So far I've been able to book flights for less, choose my own timings and fly from my local airport.

So you see there's really no such thing as free airfare. Oceania's prices in the UK include airfare but you can have money back if you don't want to use it. That has worked very well for us.

Mirjam

The European Market is marketed in a completely different manner than the United States. Britain is handled as a market unto itself.

For some of those European countries the sales pitch of the American offers (i.e. calling something "included", or "2 for 1") violates a local ordinance; for others, the bundling of services has never been a part of their travel culture.