Alaska land tour/cruise luggage

5soccer9

I had a question about our luggage for our upcoming land tour. We fly into Anchorage and stay there for two nights. I know our luggage for cruise will be taken away until the cruise but when we take the Princess shuttle to the hotel does our other luggage go with us or will that be delivered later? We are going to rent bikes and I wanted to be sure I could get to those clothes. Anything else special we should know about the luggage part? Thanks.

Your carry on goes on the bus. Whether your 'follow me' luggage does depends on how they are set up for that run. If they have a lot of people they may use a truck, in which case there may be a wait for your luggage at the hotel. Or they could load it under the bus and give it to you. No way to be sure until you land as they plan that fairly close based on flight volume.

I had a question about our luggage for our upcoming land tour. We fly into Anchorage and stay there for two nights. I know our luggage for cruise will be taken away until the cruise but when we take the Princess shuttle to the hotel does our other luggage go with us or will that be delivered later? We are going to rent bikes and I wanted to be sure I could get to those clothes. Anything else special we should know about the luggage part? Thanks.

We just returned from a cruise tour and I HIGHLY recommend you take with you anything you may want for 2-3 hrs after you arrive.

I have a very small rolling bag and I put in it our toiletry kits and one change of clothes so we could shower and freshen up after arriving at a lodge. Best thing I did.

This rolling bag, plus those of several other pax, went under the bus. The remainder arrived by truck when we went to Denali. For Copper River and Kenai, all the luggage was stowed under the bus.

You could experience a bit of a delay before your luggage shows up at your room. We flew into Anchorage for our cruise tour. They took our "meet me at the ship" bag right at baggage claim, as the Princess folks were waiting for us there. We kept our backpacks with us on the bus, as we did throughout the cruise tour. The other bags arrived at the Anchorage hotel after dinner, so in a couple hours. On travel days, we set the bags outside our door at 6 am. They showed up within about 1 to 2 hours of our arrival at each stop. So if you need something immediately upon arrival, I would pack it in the bag you're taking with you on the bus or train.

Thank you so much for all of the information. It is very helpful. I just thought about that yesterday that we want to go bike riding and I will need to change and also have my tennis shoes. Thanks again to everyone that helped me out on this.