Fly Aweigh Program

Anyone used Carnival's Fly Aweigh program for Europe? My concerns are if I let Carnival get my airfare, I will have to change planes, have long layovers and such. What was your experience? Any advice appreciated, TIA.

Anyone used Carnival's Fly Aweigh program for Europe? My concerns are if I let Carnival get my airfare, I will have to change planes, have long layovers and such. What was your experience? Any advice appreciated, TIA.

Any advice appreciated?

Okay, here goes.

Get your own flights.

I have done Carnivals Fly Aweigh in the past. A normal non stop flight would have been 6 hours and only $100 more had I purchased my own. With the Fly Aweigh, our travel day was 14 hours with 3 changes. Fly Aweigh does not assign seats and our flights were not known to us until 30 days prior to travel.

All of this WITH paying the deviation fee.

I would never do Fly aweigh program. When it comes to air travel, I am very particular, and with this program, there are just too many variables, and not knowing or being in control of which airline, airport, connection etc. I would just be a basket case, before I get my flight info..and even then would be a bigger basket case before I get to my cruise. I just could never relinquish my air travel plans to a person who does not "know" me and my idiosyncrasies.

I have not done this, but these are just my personal reasons for not wanting to.

We used it for Europe two years ago and had no problems with the flight from Texas.. We had only one plane change in netherlands i think and then on to Barcelona. THey did mess up our hotel reservation and we had to fly in the same day. THey didnt give us the flight schedule until about a month before but the planes were all good going and coming home. OUr flight home did have two layovers which made for a long day . I would do it again if its cheaper. We had three flight tickets and it saved us quite a bit of money to use them. I did like that they are suppose to get you another flight if there is any kind of problems with delays. When you leave Venice go early even though they say its not crowded. They kept us in a holding area and when we walked to the terminal on a sunday it was like a zoo. If one guy wouldnt have complained we would have all missed our flights. That airport was crowded and not organized. Enjoy your trip.

Two threads to look for...

The sticky on the Cruise Air board about Cruiseline air travel. And

Our Most Excellent Adventure on the Princess board. They missed their cruise line arranged flight.

Edited by SadieN