Customer Service/Resolutions Concerns

I am frustrated with RCCL customer service/resolutions department and do not quite know where to go with this. On board the Serenade last April, I booked a 7 night cruise for September 2015 in Europe. Upon arriving home, I double checked some dates and found it was better to switch to a different week. Per the rules, you are allowed one switch to maintain your onboard $100 booking bonus. I did not analyze my confirmation email closely until last week when I am starting to get serious about the planning. I noticed that my $200 OBC ($100 on board booking and $100 WOW sale) was now only $150. I called RCCL and spoke to the resolutions department, who told me that I switched from the original date so I lost $50. She then agreed that you are allowed to move the date once and told me she would reinstate the $50.

I looked at my confirmation today and they took $50 away for a total of $100! I immediately called RCCL and they read the notes but still could not figure out what was going on. She said she could return the $50, but had to check with the original employee to get the full $200. She assured me she would contact me soon. Of course, no reply as of yet.

What on earth is going on over there? I politely gave my displeasure at their numerous sales and gimmicks and game playing with the pricing and OBC, and asked them to please report this up the channel. I know they are just baseline employees trying to make a living and it is not their fault.

We have been sailing RCCL since the 90's. We have always have fantastic customer service personnel via the telephone. I continue to book my next cruise onboard, but my husband laughs because he is convinced we know much more about the ships, itineraries and current sales than the future cruise personnel. It is truly becoming a joke!

I am sorry for the rant, but as a Cruise Critic group, we have to write letters and inundate them with our concerns for where this product is going. I have read Cruise Critic for years and have noticed a decrease in the quality all around on this line (which seems to be in agreement with many of you). It is interesting that Celebrity is in their family, but we have definitely not noticed a decline on that end, so I assume this is deliberate on their part (cost cutting, etc.) on the RCCL brand.

I am frustrated with RCCL customer service/resolutions department and do not quite know where to go with this. On board the Serenade last April, I booked a 7 night cruise for September 2015 in Europe. Upon arriving home, I double checked some dates and found it was better to switch to a different week. Per the rules, you are allowed one switch to maintain your onboard $100 booking bonus. I did not analyze my confirmation email closely until last week when I am starting to get serious about the planning. I noticed that my $200 OBC ($100 on board booking and $100 WOW sale) was now only $150. I called RCCL and spoke to the resolutions department, who told me that I switched from the original date so I lost $50. She then agreed that you are allowed to move the date once and told me she would reinstate the $50.

I looked at my confirmation today and they took $50 away for a total of $100! I immediately called RCCL and they read the notes but still could not figure out what was going on. She said she could return the $50, but had to check with the original employee to get the full $200. She assured me she would contact me soon. Of course, no reply as of yet.

What on earth is going on over there? I politely gave my displeasure at their numerous sales and gimmicks and game playing with the pricing and OBC, and asked them to please report this up the channel. I know they are just baseline employees trying to make a living and it is not their fault.

We have been sailing RCCL since the 90's. We have always have fantastic customer service personnel via the telephone. I continue to book my next cruise onboard, but my husband laughs because he is convinced we know much more about the ships, itineraries and current sales than the future cruise personnel. It is truly becoming a joke!

I am sorry for the rant, but as a Cruise Critic group, we have to write letters and inundate them with our concerns for where this product is going. I have read Cruise Critic for years and have noticed a decrease in the quality all around on this line (which seems to be in agreement with many of you). It is interesting that Celebrity is in their family, but we have definitely not noticed a decline on that end, so I assume this is deliberate on their part (cost cutting, etc.) on the RCCL brand.

I have read a lot of issues about OBC not being correct which is why it is important to check reservation as soon as you make booking/any changes. Since you booked they have also changed the NCC benefits so that may also be why there is a problem. I wasn't aware you could transfer a wow bonus. Did you book under a wow originally or when you amended the booking?

Edited by Spurschick

I am sorry for your trouble, unfortunately these things seem to be happening more and more lately. CC members only account for 1% of cruisers, so while it seems on these boards there is overwhelming support for an issue it in reality we are only a very, very small voice.

When I switched, the $100 OBC sale was still going on. They told me I would not lose any OBC, but lo and behold, I did. I am back on the phone with them and they again say I am correct so I am waiting to make sure my documentation backs this up.

I also discovered that they have my husband and my C&A numbers switched. This has never happened in 20 cruises.

They also have myself eating at 6:00 and my husband at 8:30. This could be interesting!

Again, I say, what is going on over there?