Cirque dreams and UDP

slaine29

This is changing.

I believe it is after the beginning of July that this will no longer be a part of the package but you will receive a 25% discount off the price on any night you choose to go.

Rochelle

This is changing.

I believe it is after the beginning of July that this will no longer be a part of the package but you will receive a 25% discount off the price on any night you choose to go.

Rochelle

confirmed.

booked a july 5th balcony on breakaway to Bermuda.

according to the ncl person, I cant use udp for free cirque dreams :(

Thanks folks for the answers, we are going the end of August, and are just booking the speciality nights now its 89 days away!!!!! we were going to go to Speigel on first night, but knowing this now we will be going on my birthday night instead :)

What about people who got the UDP when it was included? Is that off the table for everyone sailing after July 1 regardless of when they booked their cruise and got the UDP?

probably.

interestingly, when I try to book a performance online for July, I get a 12% discount ($35 instead of the normal $40) no matter what day.

I wonder if the normal 25% discount for Sun stacks.

and I wonder why a 12% instead of a 25% discount like the UDP fine print said?

• 2 weeks later...

It was originally for us at time of booking (party of 4) in January with UDP, then NCL removed it a couple months ago. Being not at all happy with that, I called and called, resulting in multiple "No's." This past week I was finally able to resolve this issue with probably the best rep I've spoken to yet. All it took was an o.k. from a supervisor and a couple key strokes and Voilà our Cirque show was returned. Ridiculous what I had to go through before this with no else wanting to help. Originally it included Cirque on the first night of sailing on the Breakaway to Bermuda with UDP. So my advice is this: If you really want to see it as we do and have opted for the UDP, keep calling and don't take No for an answer, the right person can correct it for you. Hope it works out.

There are four of us going in September. I guess my question is...is it really worth it? I certainly am not going to pay for it as we have the UDP, and it was before they changed this. I guess my question is, is the food that nice and the show something you don't want to miss.

Wish I could say for certain. This is personally my first cruise. I was so discouraged that NCL did this with no Heads-Up it was going to happen. When we booked UDP it was one of three promotions being offered for free and we were instructed Cirque is free as well and included but we must attend the the first night of sailing. Sure, no problem. I was not going to allow them to get away with their dishonesty and saw to it they made it right again. So is it really worth $40.00 pp, I can't really say yet, but I know you have to fight them tooth and nail for them to reinstate it again complimentary as was originally agreed. So for them wanting to pretty much charge everyone to see it now, it must be worth attending. I was also reading it appears there is no longer premium seating (not sure about that) $40 pp no matter where you sit. I guess if you want great seats and that's the case, arrive early. I can give you the lowdown as we're going in August, please message me a reminder. Best of luck.

Wish I could say for certain. This is personally my first cruise. I was so discouraged that NCL did this with no Heads-Up it was going to happen. When we booked UDP it was one of three promotions being offered for free and we were instructed Cirque is free as well and included but we must attend the the first night of sailing. Sure, no problem. I was not going to allow them to get away with their dishonesty and saw to it they made it right again. So is it really worth $40.00 pp, I can't really say yet, but I know you have to fight them tooth and nail for them to reinstate it again complimentary as was originally agreed. So for them wanting to pretty much charge everyone to see it now, it must be worth attending. I was also reading it appears there is no longer premium seating (not sure about that) $40 pp no matter where you sit. I guess if you want great seats and that's the case, arrive early. I can give you the lowdown as we're going in August, please message me a reminder. Best of luck.

I will fight tooth and nail, but on this one, I am not sure it is worth the energy. We are in The Haven, and we planned to have a relaxing dinner that night.what they did was wrong..however sometimes I don't feel like making multiple calls....I am glad you took them to task on this one.

Merriem, I would certainly think with the amount of $ you/ your family is spending to be in the Haven your reservations for Cirque should be included without question.

I am on the phone with them now....we also have South America in January and Europe in September 2016. Owners suite...they should be nice to everyone.

I am on the phone with them now....we also have South America in January and Europe in September 2016. Owners suite...they should be nice to everyone.

don't count on it.

del rio is trying to maximize shareholder value as much as he can

I hope it works out. Knowing first hand how long it can take to get NCL to keep its original arrangement can be quite draining. I've learned first hand, if your on the phone and an agreement is struck for something and made between you and your rep, CC, or TA have them forward you an email pertaining to it for your record, it helped in my case.