Anatomy of a Guarantee

Working 2 Cruise

Two weeks ago, we booked our June 27 cruise on the Crown to Alaska. We booked an ocean view obstructed cabin guarantee. Then, we were assigned an ocean view cabin, P336.

Lo and behold, when I checked my email this morning, I found an email from my TA... Upsell offer to a balcony for $129 per person! I jumped on it. I'm now waiting on my wonderful TA!!!!

I couldn't have afforded a balcony otherwise! I'm beyond excited.

Thank you Princess!

I had just reread JimmyVWine's wonderful photo journal of his cruise to Alaska and, of course, following Ccrain's.... so, I asked for port side.

We have booked guarantees for our last two bookings and have also had great results.

For our Med Cruise, we booked a Balcony guarantee and ended up in a Mini Suite at no extra charge. There was also a price drop of $1000 PP as an extra bonus.. Yes this was initially booked almost 1 yr in advance.

For our upcoming Mexican cruise we booked another BF Guarantee. We were just assigned a great cabin just about midships on the Baja Deck. Hey there is still time, perhaps another upgrade is in the works?

Will continue to book Guarantees, however your results may vary.

I'm so happy! After a few tense hours of waiting for the Princess rep to call back, I did get my balcony on Baja deck, aft. This will be really great! Looking forward to entering Glacier Bay with a cup of coffee in my hand...

I was feeling very lucky today, so I went and bought a lottery ticket!

We are also on the Crown but the week after you. Got upsell offer email from obstructed to Balcony yesterday. Left a message at the number given and 8:00am this morning Princess called me back. $129.00 each for the balcony. I thought I would be offered the least expensive balcony but I asked if I could have one on Caribe deck and got my choice of all available ones. Really nice.

I was surprised to get email on a Sunday evening. Read on Cruise Critic recently that although the email says call back Mon-Friday, we should call and leave message immediately (even if weekend or holiday). They return messages in order they are received so it was great advice.