Chef's Table Questions

We are mostly Celebrity fans, but are sailing on Splendour this September. Celebrity does only one (or maybe 2) Chef's Table dinners in a 7 day cruise, but from reading, it seems like they are a nightly event on RCCL. Does anyone know if the nightly menu for the Chef's Table changes? Or if we book more than one in a week will we get the same menu?

Any other comments or reviews on RCCL Chef's Table?

From my experience on the Allure the menu stayed the same for Chef's Table the entire week. It has been my favorite meal both times on the ship. Although the table was set for 14 people I have dined with as few as 2 and as many as 7. We were also given a Royal Caribbean hardcover cookbook and a program with the seating chart of all the guests attending and the wine pairing menu.

We are mostly Celebrity fans, but are sailing on Splendour this September. Celebrity does only one (or maybe 2) Chef's Table dinners in a 7 day cruise, but from reading, it seems like they are a nightly event on RCCL. Does anyone know if the nightly menu for the Chef's Table changes? Or if we book more than one in a week will we get the same menu?

Any other comments or reviews on RCCL Chef's Table?

from my experience, it's been the same menu throughout the week. Also, over the past year or so, it's been the same throughout the fleet. The only thing that seems to change is the wine. :D

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Can you book the chef table in advance? I will be on Navigator. Is this something the concierge can reserve?

When we were in a GS the concierge's email stated we could pre-reserve Chef's Table. I liked that because we could use our OBC. I don't know if that's an option on the Navigator. You can always email the concierge. We booked all our specialty dinners once onboard with the concierge.

Edited by sauvichick

We actually did Chefs Table on Splendour a few weeks ago on the TA.

We had previously done it last Sept on Oasis where it was outstanding. We thought about trying it on Splendour but decided not to pre book but wait until we were onboard. Thank goodness we did as they had an offer on that included all 3 speciality restaurants (CT, Chops and Izumi) for $87.50, cheaper than the full price for Chops of $90. I have no idea if they do this often or it was only for the TA.

I have to say that although Chefs Table was still enjoyable it was nowhere near as good as it had been on Oasis, the food was nice whereas it was exquisite on Oasis. Also the wine was not as free flowing and no cook book at the end (although this may have been because of the offer).

The menus on both ships were different although the one on Splendour did stay the same throughout the cruise.

Julie

We actually did Chefs Table on Splendour a few weeks ago on the TA.

We had previously done it last Sept on Oasis where it was outstanding. We thought about trying it on Splendour but decided not to pre book but wait until we were onboard. Thank goodness we did as they had an offer on that included all 3 speciality restaurants (CT, Chops and Izumi) for $87.50, cheaper than the full price for Chops of $90. I have no idea if they do this often or it was only for the TA.

I have to say that although Chefs Table was still enjoyable it was nowhere near as good as it had been on Oasis, the food was nice whereas it was exquisite on Oasis. Also the wine was not as free flowing and no cook book at the end (although this may have been because of the offer).

The menus on both ships were different although the one on Splendour did stay the same throughout the cruise.

Julie

I was on Radiance a couple of weeks ago and a similar package was offered. I was told that the dining packages were going fleet wide.

Hmmmm. Something to think about.

Chef's table.

i have done many in a past life.

Done, as in Cooked for these.

Setved (not at the same time :-)), Pavarotti, Arnie Schwarzenegger, Tom and Nicole, Neil Diamond, Elle McPherson, various Packers and Murdochs, Tom Jones, some Ametican Rappers who project the Gangster immage, but are seriously clued up about food an wine, Desmond Tutu......

Monday to Wednesday and Sunday these events were good fun, because we had time yo really look after the guests ("VIP" or not), but on Thursday, Friday, Saturday it was a serous pain in the backside.

From my experience on the Allure the menu stayed the same for Chef's Table the entire week. It has been my favorite meal both times on the ship. Although the table was set for 14 people I have dined with as few as 2 and as many as 7. We were also given a Royal Caribbean hardcover cookbook and a program with the seating chart of all the guests attending and the wine pairing menu.

You no longer get the cookbook, program, or the pairing menu. Was on the Radiance a few weeks ago and did not receive anything extra. Just the meal and the wine. Spoke with the waiter and he said Royal has cut the budget for Chef's Table.

You no longer get the cookbook, program, or the pairing menu. Was on the Radiance a few weeks ago and did not receive anything extra. Just the meal and the wine. Spoke with the waiter and he said Royal has cut the budget for Chef's Table.

Same thing on Majesty about a month ago. Didn't do CT on Radiance this time.

Our Splendour menu -

Confit of Atlantic Salmon

Celeriac cream double duck consomme

Seared Diver Scallops

Slow Roasted Beef Tederloin

Caramelized Pear over Nougat Montelimar Parfait

Each course was accompanied by a small glass of wine.

Julie

Our Splendour menu -

Confit of Atlantic Salmon

Celeriac cream double duck consomme

Seared Diver Scallops

Slow Roasted Beef Tederloin

Caramelized Pear over Nougat Montelimar Parfait

Each course was accompanied by a small glass of wine.

Julie

I wouldn't say we had small glasses of wine. Each person consumed roughly a bottle and a half by time we were done with the meal. Our glasses were more than half way filled.

I wouldn't say we had small glasses of wine. Each person consumed roughly a bottle and a half by time we were done with the meal. Our glasses were more than half way filled.

I'm comparing to what we had on Oasis, then we had a regular size glass each time and they even came around to top up anyone who wanted more. On Splendour the wine glasses were probably filled with about half the amount you would get if you ordered a glass at the bar.

Julie

WOW:eek:! And it's still $95? They are just cutting back everywhere. We had a some really nice wines and do remember enjoying Cakebread Chardonnay so much we all got seconds.

WOW:eek:! And it's still $95? They are just cutting back everywhere. We had a some really nice wines and do remember enjoying Cakebread Chardonnay so much we all got seconds.

It was only $70 on Radiance two weeks ago. Other than the frangelico, I do believe they were serving higher end Lefite wines.

You should have done it the night we were in Skagway! We had a great group of people. You would of had a blast!

Was at Izumi's that night. Had the dining package so it was unlimited. Big mistake telling me that [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

We went twice on our 15 day Panama Canal Canal cruise on the Legend in April. Each night was a different menu. Dinners were excellent but wine glasses were not full. :mad: A few of us received a cookbook only because we complained as were expecting them. ;)

We did Chef's Table on Legend Panama Canal in April. Also $70, I believe. Did not compare to our previous CT experiences on other ships. Not really wonderful wines and very little presentation. No discussion of wine/food paring. Food was good but not exceptional. Great group of people so we had a good time.

This cruise was really "off". I don't know if it was the Food and Beverage Manager, Dining Room Manager or what. Poorly trained MDR staff, poor service especially wine service etc. Would not go on Legend again.

We are going on Liberty in November and have booked the Chops Grille California Vineyards dinner. From the website and wine and food shown on the menu, this more like Chef's Table. Cost 74.50 pp

Margee

Gee, Debitoo, someone else felt like Legend was not up to par. What do you think happened?

I've never had such poor wine service! Our poor Assistant Waiter and the Head Waiter tried, but they were clueless. They did not know what to do with sediment in a really good bottle to red wine (Caymus Special Selection). Ended up spilling it all over[emoji32][emoji32]. What a waste of wonderful wine.

Margee

Hmmmm. Something to think about.

Chef's table.

i have done many in a past life.

Done, as in Cooked for these.

Setved (not at the same time :-)), Pavarotti, Arnie Schwarzenegger, Tom and Nicole, Neil Diamond, Elle McPherson, various Packers and Murdochs, Tom Jones, some Ametican Rappers who project the Gangster immage, but are seriously clued up about food an wine, Desmond Tutu......

Monday to Wednesday and Sunday these events were good fun, because we had time yo really look after the guests ("VIP" or not), but on Thursday, Friday, Saturday it was a serous pain in the backside.

How wonderful, to have met and cooked and served for all those people. Can you answer why are those nights worse?

We did Chef's Table on Legend Panama Canal in April. Also $70, I believe. Did not compare to our previous CT experiences on other ships. Not really wonderful wines and very little presentation. No discussion of wine/food paring. Food was good but not exceptional. Great group of people so we had a good time.

This cruise was really "off". I don't know if it was the Food and Beverage Manager, Dining Room Manager or what. Poorly trained MDR staff, poor service especially wine service etc. Would not go on Legend again.

We are going on Liberty in November and have booked the Chops Grille California Vineyards dinner. From the website and wine and food shown on the menu, this more like Chef's Table. Cost 74.50 pp

Margee

I must say it is disappointing to find out they are cutting back on the things that made the CT so special. May have to try Chops instead.

Hoping that CT on our upcoming Vision cruise is as good as it was on our last, which was July. It was phenomenal. Great food and very free flowing wine, though no cookbook. It was also only $70... But par for the course with RCI lately, the upcoming cruise is costing $95 pp for CT.

We prebooked our specialty restaurants, GV, Chops and CT for the Vision this fall. It was WAY more than $87.50.... Hopefully if they offer this deal onboard, they will refund us what we paid pre cruise....or at least give us an OBC. Although it's nice on a European cruise to pick nights for specialty restaurants because some ports you stay late, it is a long day, etc.... And I like GT way better than Izumi. I guess we will see!