Carnival Sensation - what's happening?

hknowles35

Just seen a post on my Facebook from a friend I went to high school with and who currently works for Carnival that prayers are needed for Carnival Sensation. From her status it doesn't sound good. Many people have commented on her status but she has not responded yet. I can't find anything in the news. Anyone know what is happening?

Her post was pretty vague and thats all it said along with its a sad time for Carnival Sensation. She did update and said it was a crew issue and that the ship and all guests were fine. Sounded more serious from the post but I'm relieved to hear no one is in any danger.

Her post was pretty vague and thats all it said along with its a sad time for Carnival Sensation. She did update and said it was a crew issue and that the ship and all guests were fine. Sounded more serious from the post but I'm relieved to hear no one is in any danger.

Thank you for the answer,but I am praying for the situation.

I hate vague posting...typically just for attention over something that's minor.

I hate it when people make things sound worse then they really are. It sounds like in this case that a crew member or passenger became ill or there was a death. Nothing happened to the ship as it is leaving Nassau right now.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

People who post on social media sites often do so in a moment of great emotion. They also sometimes do not realise how far and wide these comments spread, and what effect it has on many.

this may be a case of a crew member becoming very ill or being injured and taken to hospital. For colleagues, it is emotional and upsetting, for the general public, we can be sympathetic and send a prayer or a virtual hug, but not knowing the individual/s, it is often just something bad has happened somewhere.

Sorry though, whatever happened must have been traumatic for that person who posted.

Social media has many good features but one of the worst is when people post something either vague, that begs people to enquire or, worse, when they actually reveal information of something of which they have few or no details. When/if something serious has happened, priority must be to inform families where necessary.

Social media has many good features but one of the worst is when people post something either vague, that begs people to enquire or, worse, when they actually reveal information of something of which they have few or no details. When/if something serious has happened, priority must be to inform families where necessary.

and posting something completely vague on this forum could cause those with friends/family (work or pleasure) on the Sensation to worry for no reason.

Cruise Director Josh Waitzman posted this: Thoughts and prayers going out to my beloved Sensation family during a tough time.... I miss and love you all. Stay strong.

I don't know what happened, but something sad did. My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected.

I hate it when people make things sound worse then they really are. It sounds like in this case that a crew member or passenger became ill or there was a death. Nothing happened to the ship as it is leaving Nassau right now.

Yeah, like the CBS/NBC/ABC evening news readers do all the time. :)

Just seen a post on my Facebook from a friend I went to high school with and who currently works for Carnival that prayers are needed for Carnival Sensation. From her status it doesn't sound good. Many people have commented on her status but she has not responded yet. I can't find anything in the news. Anyone know what is happening?

John posted that there was a dancer that has passed away on the ship, and for the next two cruises meaning the one they are on now and the 3 day coming up there is not going to be a playlist production show so the dancer and the entertainment staff can grieve and go to the funeral. So sad I am keeping the staff and the family members of this young girl in our prayers.

Dont think the girls family would want this information made public. None of our business

I don't know, JH offered very public condolences to the family on his blog. Honestly, I would hope that the family would feel some comfort from knowing that others care for their loss. His blog post brought tears. I always feel so sad for those left behind. I hope they are comforted, not upset by his post.

I don't know, JH offered very public condolences to the family on his blog. Honestly, I would hope that the family would feel some comfort from knowing that others care for their loss. His blog post brought tears. I always feel so sad for those left behind. I hope they are comforted, not upset by his post.

I saw that. He only mentioned her first name so perhaps a relatively few people would know.

Such a sad thing.