Grand Princess Alaska excursions

Imacruiser122

I am going on the Grand Princess to Alaska from Vancouver. I am interested in excursions that people really enjoyed. Has anyone booked an excursion through a company other than Princess? How did it go?

Suggest you post this question on the Alaska board.

I am going on the Grand Princess to Alaska from Vancouver. I am interested in excursions that people really enjoyed. Has anyone booked an excursion through a company other than Princess? How did it go?

Throw us a bone - what sort of excursions are you looking for? Which Princess excursions would you pick if you were to pick from Princess? What's your activity level? What's your spectator level? Any mobility challenges? Any particular wishlist items? Any no-can-do things? What's your budget?

On our way home from the Grand. Had a great time.

Harv and Marv's for sure.

Sea cycles in Ketchikan.

Glacier Point Wilderness Tour in Skagway.

We are going on the Glacier Point Excursion in a few weeks. Would you recommend it? Were you able to walk on the glacier much?

We are going on the Glacier Point Excursion in a few weeks. Would you recommend it? Were you able to walk on the glacier much?

We'd definitely recommend it!!!! Take insect repellent. Even this early the mosquitoes were out. And loved me. Though once I applied repellent I was fine.

You don't walk on ice directly. We were able to paddle up to the rocky part in front of the glacier and walk around. They made it sound like that's not always possible. However I took it as they usually do but can't promise conditions will make it always possible. It's a beautiful location that most people don't visit.

There are other excursions as you probably know that allow you to walk on a glacier. I didn't want to take the plane or helicopter ride to do it though.

We'd definitely recommend it!!!! Take insect repellent. Even this early the mosquitoes were out. And loved me. Though once I applied repellent I was fine.

You don't walk on ice directly. We were able to paddle up to the rocky part in front of the glacier and walk around. They made it sound like that's not always possible. However I took it as they usually do but can't promise conditions will make it always possible. It's a beautiful location that most people don't visit.

There are other excursions as you probably know that allow you to walk on a glacier. I didn't want to take the plane or helicopter ride to do it though.

Thanks for your reply and your opinion of the excursion. I wonder if the glacier has receded and created a watery barrrier now, so that no one will be able to walk on the glacier on this tour. They made it sound like the conditions change daily there, but that is hard to imagine. Were you able to paddle up close to the face of the glacier. Could you see any ice caves or cool glacial features?

I have to decide between this and a helicopter glacier trek for twice the money, and its a big decision. I just want to be close to a glacier to experience it personally, and not just fly over it or see if from miles away.

We are going to Tracy arm on our cruise, but many others have said that the cruise ships have not made it even close to the Sawyer Glaciers, so this might be my only other glacier experience in Alaska, other then a hike near Mendenhall.

If folks have suggestions for the best excursion for a glacier experience out of Skagway or Juneau, please let me know.

I might just stick with the Davidson Glacier Safari, but am open to other suggestions.