Our thoughts on Luminae - Reflection

vickykay

Was Anita the Maitre D'/Hostess in Luminae?

We've sailed with her several times and just adore her.

She told us last winter that she was being made Maitre D' for Luminae and we are happy for her well-deserved promotion.

She was indeed and did a great job....all of the staff was great. Our waiter, Danijel was the best we have ever had!

Hope Luminae becomes more appealing....so Blu will not get too crowded..

Luminae couldn't get much more appealing...it is wonderful as it is.....we LOVE Blu but saw no reason to go there but once....and if in a suite again am sure we won't at all....

if that us the only reason you may be disappointed. We paid a significant premium for a suite the bigger room and 2 free spec. restaurant meals were the only thing worthwhile for us but not worth the extra dosh - back to steerage or Aqua for us [emoji33]

Will try Luminae again when I see more positive reviews posted on the CC boards until then we will be dining in Blu :D

Will try Luminae again when I see more positive reviews posted on the CC boards until then we will be dining in Blu :D

Here's one for you...LUMINAE is wonderful....search a bit more....the reviews are far more positive than negative.....

If you read his review he only went to one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner.

Not sure I'd base my dining decisions on that! :(

Was Anita the Maitre D'/Hostess in Luminae?

We've sailed with her several times and just adore her.

She told us last winter that she was being made Maitre D' for Luminae and we are happy for her well-deserved promotion.

She was indeed and did a great job....all of the staff was great. Our waiter, Danijel was the best we have ever had!

Gracie-

Just saw this.

So happy she's there.

We'll miss her in Blu next year (unless we get a surprise upgrade ;) ) but still look forward to being able to see her on board.

We sailed on the Summit repo in April which was just after Luminae was opened. We found the menus to be rather limited. Our solution was to check both Blu and MDR menus prior and request as desired. The staff was incredible. They would do whatever to satisfy. We commented on some cheese we had in the Normandy and to our surprise, it showed up. They said that there were 14 different menus and they were the same fleetwide. I am sure there will be some "tweaking" going forward. We found our experience to be exceptionally good and it was our preferred dining location on the ship. Can not say enough nice comments about the service...........it was impeccable.

BTW they have (at that time) an email followup with questions and grading of the Luminae experience which they request be returned within 7 days. These responses are then graded and ranked across the fleet each week. I hope they continue this.......great feedback system.

Try it........you will love it!

• 1 month later...
If you read his review he only went to one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner.

Not sure I'd base my dining decisions on that! :(

Interesting . if I go to a new Restaurant at home and it isnt very good I dont usually go back and if I do and it isn't good the second time then I definitely do not return.

Takes all sorts i suppose.