Carnival problem passengers - is this typical ?

I've never seen any fights. Plenty of drunks and rude people on all limes, and some skeevy looking characters with guns and marijuana leaves printed on their clothing (the latter on out recent 2 day out of Norfolk). I'm not booking anything less than a 5 day on any line again.

Never had an issue.

You do know that if you clck on 1 topic on You Tube, it will bring up many more of the same.

Just out of curiosity I just typed in "Fight at Disneyland" and got TONS of hits. I've been there before and never would think of it as a violent place-but based on You Tube, it is. ;)

You're fine, enjoy your cruise.

I've been on six cruises with Carnival and have never seen a fight. ON a NCL sailing I did see a situation where a mom and her teenaged daughters came in to a show and the girls stood at the back talking. A man got mad and told them they were very rude and to be quiet. The dad came along after the show and once his family told him what happened he tried to start something with the man who just told him if he didn't like it, he should raise his daughters to have better manners.

Used to have some rather funny brawls on Western Movies. Real life brawls not as much fun

This is my feeling..so agree love my grandkids;...we all can get mad when threatened...or frightened..depending on how bad the situation is and where we are at the moment..we all get cranky and fail...but the better we do in self control and verbal calmness..the more we are blessed with the same sane people and kept away from craziness, it has nothing to do with economic level truly..unless in the dire inner city with gang fears and issues..anyone on a ship knows how they should behave....some have too much tolerance for craziness..which can be sad too..I don't want to be around it in any dynamic it can form...

I have survived a cowboy small ranching town before much money moved in..going out on the 4th was a bit risky..but usually there were enough good friends to do it in the post high school legal days..i never wanted to be around the fights..usually from some guy pulling something on the other's girl and too much alcohol. A too smart demeaning mouth is almost as uncomfortable as a fight to me. If it gets ugly around me I move...but as one truly shifts..what was not your fault if experienced to a high degree with family of origin..really does stop being in your near sphere, one's tolerance goes to zero...and a 20/30 popular night hang out bar area in a nice city area..is worse than a ship for potential I would think...Sarah

I really feel my June 6 cruise in 2009...4 day on Paradise with graduates and happy families and well priced so last minute extras were there who loved cruising and adding one to their fancier longer one...was one of the best times I will have as a solo on a cruise....everything clicked.

These folks were by no means cheap but could not probably afford a Disney cruise and have something as couples w/o the kids..and many sweet young families were giving it a try..it was a very nice cruise..I learned I do not have to believe one thing about the Wall mart comparison..but I shop at a great one here...so I hate that too..viva Carnival

fun Fantasy class...and all the other ships and lines...

Like cities, hotels, different countries, planes and lines and ships..live it up...and know you can have a fine budget cruise with some fancy things in Carnival. Marble, glass, and the way they decorate..can be zaney but pretty in a Vegas way and the spas are not cheap!! Very nice, as well as so many new eating venues etc.

Edited by sjn911

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I'VE BEEN ON NEARLY 100 CRUISES ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT CRUISE LINES AND WITNESSED TWO FIGHTS. THIS IS THE TRUTH.

ONE WAS AFTER DINNER AT THE ELEVATOR IN FRONT OF THE MDR. TWO

VERY ELDERLY LADIES WERE BLASTING EACH OTHER WITH THEIR POCKETBOOKS(long straps) and cursing each other. We called security to separate them and when asked what it was all about, one lady replied

I pushed the button for the elevator and when it arrived and the doors opened SHE tried to get on in front of me.

The second one was two "gentlemen" on an excursion bus sitting across the aisle from each other. their wives were in the window seats. At the first stop there was some juggling and shoulder bumping as they both tried to get up and out first. About an hour later at the second stop this happened again....these guys were in their 70's at least..... one turned to the other and landed a full roundhouse on the chin of the other. It was a clean KO.

THIS WAS NOT CARNIVAL BUT IT CAN HAPPEN ANY TIME ANY WHERE, BUT I WOULD NEVER LET IT STOP ME FROM GOING ON ANT PARTICULAR CRUISE LINE BECAUSE OF IT

OF COURSE SECURITY AND STAFF ON BOARD HANDLED BOTH INCIDENTS.

I've been looking at Carnival again recently as a potential next cruise after I sail with Cunard later this year. We sailed on Miracle many years ago when she was new and quite honestly it was one of my favorite cruises ever.

So here I am doing my research on YouTube 10 years later regarding the usual stuff - what the cabins are like, best suites, and recommended onboard restaurants etc etc and up pops a link for "fight on Carnival cruise ship" - so I click on it out of curiosity and up pops more of them, lots more in fact, some of them are little more than shouting matches but others are really nasty violent brawls - with language so bad I wouldn't want to post links here. A search for trouble on other cruise lines came up with only one video.

I know this isn't a popular question especially in the Carnival forum so please try not to take offence, but I would like to ask if there are certain ports of departure or itineraries that should be avoided to reduce the risk of encountering this type of behavior ?

Is it typical? Probably not! However, pick your Itinerary , Ship and dates to cruise very carefully! On the longer cruises, Repo Cruises and Europe Cruises it will not be a problem. Even on 8 Nite Carib you can run into the drink till they puke crowd, loud, obnoxious passengers, etc. Balcony neighbors smoking pot and blasting Rap/Hip Hop on their boom box. We did a 7 Nite Splendor last September to Canada and had a wonderful cruise. Several weeks later we did a 5 Nite Carib on Ecstasy and I couldn't describe here on this forum as to what the passenger type was like with their dress and behavior! Wow!

Spirit Class Ships are our favorite Carnival Ships but we've also had a bad passenger type sailing on one out of our three times on the Pride from Baltimore. A Group of men harassing young women passengers, threatening Staff and passengers, etc. They were banned from the MDR for starting a fight with the table next to them, created problems in the Shops in Freeport, etc. Carnival Security did follow them around from time to time and kept an eye on them but nothing was done about them until we got back to Baltimore when one did get arrested. The Woman passenger who they threatened to kill told us they were supposed to be put off in Freeport. The one man threatened her because she asked if they could move and not block the stairway as she was trying to walk up it. From what we heard they weren't put off because they didn't have Passports but it is probably the man who threatened her that was arrested back in Baltimore.

On today's Carnival it is really a Crap Shoot unless it's a Repo or European Cruise! If you are coming off Cunard, it would probably be best to sail Princess or HAL! Carnival isn't what she was five years ago and certainly nothing like she was when the Miracle first launched!

Good luck with your decision!

I Remember. A thread is posted about Carnival being so cheap...(please direct me to those cheap cruises. I am paying almost 2 grand for a inside ..granted a 4J on the Sunshine this month....for two.........cheap?? We could have had an inside for that price on the Getaway. Freedom of the Seas.

PRINCESS. THE STAR. a wonderful ship and I loved it BUT I did see a fight. or rather I heard a fight, and that was all everyone talked about for the rest of the cruise.

In the Photo shop. One elderly man was admiring the photo of another elderly man's wife. The old man took objection to it. comments were made. One old man hit the other old man and then they were both on the floor. Security was on them like a bug on a fly so they only got in a few whacks.

The men were conspicuously absent from being seen around the ship anymore. The woman sort of drifted here and there.

I had a first hand report. Eye witness from a member of my Trivia Team, who only regretted that she had not captured it on her cell phone. She was quite upset about and wanted all of them banned from Princess for life.

That was Princess. That was a ten day cruise. Not pennies for that ride either to ride either.....

Edited by AmberTeka

Is it typical? Probably not! However, pick your Itinerary , Ship and dates to cruise very carefully! On the longer cruises, Repo Cruises and Europe Cruises it will not be a problem. Even on 8 Nite Carib you can run into the drink till they puke crowd, loud, obnoxious passengers, etc. Balcony neighbors smoking pot and blasting Rap/Hip Hop on their boom box. We did a 7 Nite Splendor last September to Canada and had a wonderful cruise. Several weeks later we did a 5 Nite Carib on Ecstasy and I couldn't describe here on this forum as to what the passenger type was like with their dress and behavior! Wow!

Spirit Class Ships are our favorite Carnival Ships but we've also had a bad passenger type sailing on one out of our three times on the Pride from Baltimore. A Group of men harassing young women passengers, threatening Staff and passengers, etc. They were banned from the MDR for starting a fight with the table next to them, created problems in the Shops in Freeport, etc. Carnival Security did follow them around from time to time and kept an eye on them but nothing was done about them until we got back to Baltimore when one did get arrested. The Woman passenger who they threatened to kill told us they were supposed to be put off in Freeport. The one man threatened her because she asked if they could move and not block the stairway as she was trying to walk up it. From what we heard they weren't put off because they didn't have Passports but it is probably the man who threatened her that was arrested back in Baltimore.

On today's Carnival it is really a Crap Shoot unless it's a Repo or European Cruise! If you are coming off Cunard, it would probably be best to sail Princess or HAL! Carnival isn't what she was five years ago and certainly nothing like she was when the Miracle first launched!

Good luck with your decision!

Disagree. Don't take cheap cruises out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. On any ship. The NCL Skyward has some war stories about it, too.

AVOID FAMILY REUNIONS like the plaque unless they are older. then they are more fun than anyone on board.

I have cruised Carnival many times and have always enjoyed it. But last year over Memorial Day weekend I cruised on Sensation for 4 days and noticed some wild crowds. There wasn't any fights (fights are very rare btw) but on multiple occasions I saw drunk college kids and people passed out in the hallways.The cruise was still enjoyable but I probably won't repeat that sailing. So if I were you I would avoid cheap,short sailings during spring break or summer.

Interesting. A recent thread on Celebrity was commenting on bad behavior there. The poster speculated that it was due to unlimited beverage packages. So it's not just Carnival. I've sailed on Carnival out of Charleston and Baltimore and both cruises were trouble free.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

About the worst we have seen is unruly kids running wild unsupervised and drunk folks at the muster drill holding us up. Every Carnival cruise I have been on muster drill took longer than normal because tipsy people wont stay in line.

Closest I have seen is a verbal cussing argument by some dbag who tied yarn through 4 prime pool side deck chairs and left them for 4 hours unused. I was next to the chairs and some people came looking for chairs so I told them that the yarn chairs had not been used all morning. They removed the yarn and sat in the chairs. An hour later, 5 hours after I had gotten there, this guy came back screaming and cussing that these ladies took his chairs. It was by and aft pool and everyone around started yelling at him because he was such an entitled chair hog. It was kind of scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I'VE BEEN ON NEARLY 100 CRUISES ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT CRUISE LINES AND WITNESSED TWO FIGHTS. THIS IS THE TRUTH.

ONE WAS AFTER DINNER AT THE ELEVATOR IN FRONT OF THE MDR. TWO

VERY ELDERLY LADIES WERE BLASTING EACH OTHER WITH THEIR POCKETBOOKS(long straps) and cursing each other. We called security to separate them and when asked what it was all about, one lady replied

I pushed the button for the elevator and when it arrived and the doors opened SHE tried to get on in front of me.

The second one was two "gentlemen" on an excursion bus sitting across the aisle from each other. their wives were in the window seats. At the first stop there was some juggling and shoulder bumping as they both tried to get up and out first. About an hour later at the second stop this happened again....these guys were in their 70's at least..... one turned to the other and landed a full roundhouse on the chin of the other. It was a clean KO.

THIS WAS NOT CARNIVAL BUT IT CAN HAPPEN ANY TIME ANY WHERE, BUT I WOULD NEVER LET IT STOP ME FROM GOING ON ANT PARTICULAR CRUISE LINE BECAUSE OF IT

OF COURSE SECURITY AND STAFF ON BOARD HANDLED BOTH INCIDENTS.

Thanks for you report and explanation...it is not funny...but I got a chuckle just they way you said it,,,like everything...most of these things are missed by most when they do happen and small percentage are confronted with anything and security helps.

Also using some wisdom to go another way when you witness trouble..forget about using a staircase with awful people or get help...

I truly do not think Carnival gets any more fights than anywhere else except maybe true luxury...even there there can be a goofy drinking situation.

I do agree that these usually more than anyone should be able to drink in a day packages don't help...thanks Antique Sailor..Ahoy and smooth sailing.

I've done 16 Carnival cruises with Carnival and 15 others and never saw a fight a anywhere. Did see a few arrests at the port of reentry (drugs) and not just Carnival. BUT, if your concerned, avoid the short cruises (which I think you are) Carnival has really become family friendly over the years and of course they aren't Cunard but unless you have a chip on your shoulder and are looking for "stuff" I think you'll enjoy yourself.

I've been on 24 CCL cruises. Only once did I see anything approaching fights. There were 2 men in their late 20's or 30's who wore bandanas and muscle shirts and at different venues tried to start fights for no reason what so ever. There were some punches thrown at a night deck party. Last a full fight at a bar.Security took them off the ship at port.

It's more behavior like chair hogging that gets ugly. On my last Pride trip a family and a horde of their friends would put things on a whole section of the smoking side lounge chairs and sofas. They'd keep it all day and if you sat there when one was empty the guy would tell you "that's my families chair." Oh really, where are they as I hadn't seen anyone there in about an hour. "In port, but when they get back that's their seat."

Others saw this happening and a few cliques formed trying to get this area for as long as possible watching the group just fume.

It was funny up to a point. Just rude and entitled.

The two ships which are the worse is the Inspiration and Imagination. Both are 2-3 day cruises out of Long Beach. They go to Santa Catalina and Ensenada. On Santa Catalina, I got into a conversation with a sheriff standing outside of a bar. I jokingly asked him if he's made any arrests today. He laughed and said "not yet." He said he usually arrests more women than men off the ship for fighting. Those are the two ships that I would never cruise on again. Mostly drunks on board, and puke.:eek: