Post cruise survey

ian09

Do people ever get contacted by Celebrity if they gave poor scores in certain categories on the post cruise survey? We gave a few zeros out after this last cruise. My old man said Princess contacted him about giving a six after I told him a few of my scores. Just wanted to see if I should be expecting a phone call.

On our first Celebrity cruise in 2010 I gave them low marks on food in the MDR and I was contacted by phone. We had previously sailed on Royal and the food had been excellent. By comparison the food on X paled in comparison (lobster and prime rib on RCI vs Swedish meatballs on X, no prime rib or lobster). I do believe the food has since improved although we now mostly cruise AQ because we really like Blu.

Speaking of surveys, we never received one after our last cruise in Feb which was really too bad since we had a great experience.

We have always had great times on our cruise and have said so on our surveys. We have been contacted about 50% of the time by Celebrity thanking us for taking time to complete the survey and for the nice comments about their employees. With so many ships and passengers I do not expect a personal call after each survey, and are happy when we do get one.

For us it was our Consierge. We called twice with questions and received no call back so that was an easy zero. The other was a low score for the activities staff, wasn't a zero but it was close. Makes sense about not being able to call everyone, but if they do I have some constructive criticism for them.

We are celebrity elite plus (ie..we've taken quite a few Celebrity cruises)...and we've filled out a comment card on every cruise. We have never been contacted by Celebrity about our comments.....

Edited by ghstudio

....to the usual standards.

The next day after we got home there was an email survey to fill out.

At the very end, it asked if you wanted someone to call you.

I thought the exact thing you did....will they really call?

So, I said yes & entered my phone number.

We shall see ! If I do not hear within the next 2 weeks, I will assume no one will call.

I gave X very good grades for everything, except for the disembarkation. I gave severely low marks for that portion.

We never heard a word, either via email or phone call. So I figure the survey is mostly pointless.

I gave X very good grades for everything, except for the disembarkation. I gave severely low marks for that portion.

We never heard a word, either via email or phone call. So I figure the survey is mostly pointless.

I think it's pointless with the exception of your waiters and your room attendents. Apparently they are posted if your room was one they took care of so they see scores/comments without any names attached.

A call wouldn't have been bad in this instance. I just thought they were going about some things the wrong way. At least with a call you know someone is listing. The comment cards on the other hand I think only a few of the scores actually have an impact.

Edited by ian09

I disagree about the comment cards. Any time I filled one out with a helpful comment we received immediate feedback on board. My comment was that for room service the coffee was always hot since it was in a thermal pitcher, but the tea water was not since it was in a metal pot. I suggested they think about putting the hot water in thermal pitchers. The next day not only was the water very hot, we received chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. Another time I commented about the wine list in Blu (which in the beginning was very limited). The next night the ship's Head Sommelier showed up, put out 4 glasses in front of us, asked what type of wine we liked and proceeded to hold a wine tasting for us. He also told us that any wine in the ship could be brought to Blu for us. Many cruises later this was a very helpful tip when you have the Classic Beverage Pkg. I could go on, but suffice it to say I am very careful about my comment cards! I don't want too much attention.

I disagree about the comment cards.

The OP was talking about the post-cruise survey, not the Attention to Detail cards you can fill out on board.

I agree that the survey is useful for aggregate data for the line only, and I highly doubt they actually read the individual comments on it.

I have filled out the post-cruise card, and starting this year we had to fill out cyber-questionnaire.

last year and this year I asked that someone contact me so we could discuss in detail what has gone slack or my suggestion for improvements, especially in comparison to other cruise lines. Never, have I received a phone call. And FYI, we sail Celebrity 4 weeks every year and are Elite Plus.

For us it was our Consierge. We called twice with questions and received no call back so that was an easy zero. The other was a low score for the activities staff, wasn't a zero but it was close. Makes sense about not being able to call everyone, but if they do I have some constructive criticism for them.

Many times after a cruise, I've written a letter to Celebrity offering constructive criticism, possible solutions, along with praise for what I think they're doing right.

Easily 75% of the time I've gotten follow up phone calls to discuss the points raised in my letters.

My opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion, is that there are so many surveys that tabulation is done electronically (as are the surveys) where as they get so few letters it is easier from a volume point of view to respond to them.

Edited by WpgCruise