Pool lifts on Liberty of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...

There are pool lifts but they are really hard to use. First of all, you have to have an attendant with a key, usually a supervisor. Then, the last time we sailed, there were deck loungers lined up in front of the lift. I had to ask 6 people to get up and move for me to get to the lift. The supervisor operated the lift and then she left. After an hour of trying to find her in order to get out, my husband started to operated the lift. She magically appeared. I found the whole process annoying and I felt the I was on display. I hated it.

Using the pool lifts on Royal are no big deal. Ask the guys giving out the towels who the pool deck supervisor is. He will have the lift ready for you to use. After the first day, pool deck staff will know who you are and always be willing to hook up the lift whenever they see you.

Note, they don't stand around the lift waiting for you while you are in the pool. I tell them to come back in 30 minutes, and they are promptly there on every cruise I've ever taken. I either get out then, or ask them to come back another 30 minutes later. It's their job to make you happy, so don't feel funny asking them to do this several times all day long. Enjoy swimming in a pool in the middle of the ocean!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the information. Whether I need the pool lift or not depends on a lot of things, so I am hoping I won't need it but it's good to have options. And I really would like to use the pool on the cruise. And the hot tubs too.

I was on Liberty of the Seas last week, I have not been able to get into a cruise ship pool for about 6 Years, until LOS. My problem is I can't use a Ladder to get in, and out. The pool in the adults only area, has steeps on the end, that are on either side meet in the middle to more steps right into the pool---- it was great. May not work for everyone, but for me it was perfect, got in the pool everyday

Sorry but after finding this pool I did not go to the main pool. We found the ship to be great for us, I had more crew members ask if I needed help, a great crew.