UK or US Cruise Booking

Hello,

I am a UK resident but its apparent you can get better deals through booking through the USA site so my question is:

Who books through an american agent

Who books through the RCL USA Site

or can you just ask Royal for the cruise in dollars and risk the currency rate changing?

Cheers

Pete

Hello,

I am a UK resident but its apparent you can get better deals through booking through the USA site so my question is:

or can you just ask Royal for the cruise in dollars and risk the currency rate changing?

Cheers

Pete

We use a US travel agent and have had some great deals with her. Not in the way of gifts/OBC etc but, pricewise. Google US travel agents and see what you come up with. ;)

Not too sure you can book through RCI USA site but you can definitely book through an US travel agent. There are some US agents cater for UK passengers with freephone UK numbers etc.

Not all deals are better booking through US so do double check both UK and US sites before booking.

Edited by sky0000547

Hello,

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete, we book through the UK and a us Travel Agent, it depends on the deal that is around, email me and I will give you some more info.

richcoryton at hotmail dot com

Edited by welshrich

Most of the time we book with a U.S. TA. OCCASIONALY, though rarely, UK pricing is cheaper, especially with Med cruises. You must check and compare. The difference is not just a few hundred, it can be much more significant that that. And don't even get me started on the difference in cancellation and change policies. Let alone the OBC that are offered by U.S. TA's.

As consumers, we all understand that there is different pricing for different markets, however for me it's the inconsistent policies that are most annoying.

Hello,

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

You don't always get better deals. But in the past we have made significant savings booking through a US agent.

As others have said, you need to check prices, but remember that US prices do not include government taxes which are added to the prices displayed online and that the exchange rate can fluctuate so double check both UK and US sites before booking.

Other benefits of booking in the US include the ability to cancel without financial penalty which means you can take advantage of price drops and better deals on a booked cruise, subject to T's & C's of course.

A quick search on the Med cruise I'm going on in August on a same interior category stateroom. The U.S. travel agent is £200 more than RCI UK.

T&C of course would be slightly different but do compare against each other.