MY CRUISES Question with two reservation IDs

My husband and I are booked in one cabin and two minor children are booked in an adjoining cabin.

I tried to add their reservation to MY CRUISES but can't do that because my name is not on the reservation. I emailed the TA who said not to add it to my cruises but rather to do online checkin for them. I tried that but we are (way) more than 90 days out.

I can at least see evidence that the reservation is there (that was my first concern).

Does anyone know if calling Royal would allow me to see the second reservation under my cruises?

Second - how close to sailing can you start making dinner reservations and booking shows? If you can do this at 6MONTHS, then online checkin doesn't solve my problem and I will need faster access to their reservation. But if 90 days the magic number for everything, then I guess i just have to wait.

Until you reach the 90 days before sailing, there isn't much you can do. We have a group of 5 cabins traveling together this summer and we were unable to link them until we reached the 90 days out point.

You have to have the same last name as someone in the reservation in order to add it you your My Cruises. I don't think calling Royal can help with that. However, you can still view the reservation by going through the "back door" so to speak. Just click on "Countdown to Cruise" at the bottom of Royal's home page and you should be able to enter the reservation that way.

There is no set time for dinner and show reservations to open. Just keep checking the booking periodically.

Edited by clarea

Which ship? Not all require advance reservations!

You can always CALL RCI and do this on the phone, if you can't do it online, although I'm sure there is a trick to doing what you want to do!

Oasis.

You have to have the same last name as someone in the reservation in order to add it you your My Cruises. I don't think calling Royal can help with that. However, you can still view the reservation by going through the "back door" so to speak. Just click on "Countdown to Cruise" at the bottom of Royal's home page and you should be able to enter the reservation that way.

There is no set time for dinner and show reservations to open. Just keep checking the booking periodically.

I have the reservation under my maiden name and married name (no hyphen). The kids just have their dad's name. So "technically" it is the same name, but I believe my profile is set up with 2 names in that field.

I will try the Countdown to cruise - thanks!

So 90 days is the window for both dining and show reservations? For some reason I recall being able to make it sooner the last time we sailed Oasis.

...So 90 days is the window for both dining and show reservations? For some reason I recall being able to make it sooner the last time we sailed Oasis.

No, I said there is no set time for reservations to open. Could be more than 120 days or less than 60 days.

Can anyone explain how my on-board credit will work if it's split between two reservation numbers? I booked my husband in one cabin and me in the other but we'll move when we get on board so my teen daughters can have their own cabin.

Can anyone explain how my on-board credit will work if it's split between two reservation numbers? I booked my husband in one cabin and me in the other but we'll move when we get on board so my teen daughters can have their own cabin.

Each booking will get it's own on board credit. It won't matter where you have moved to, it only matters who is on what booking.

Oasis.

I have the reservation under my maiden name and married name (no hyphen). The kids just have their dad's name. So "technically" it is the same name, but I believe my profile is set up with 2 names in that field.

I will try the Countdown to cruise - thanks!

So 90 days is the window for both dining and show reservations? For some reason I recall being able to make it sooner the last time we sailed Oasis.

That is probably the issue, I have always been able to view my daughters cruises from my account, until she turned 18, try setting up a my cruises account in your husbands name, he should then be able to see yours and the kids reservations

Edited by uksimonusa

That is probably the issue, I have always been able to view my daughters cruises from my account, until she turned 18, try setting up a my cruises account in your husbands name, he should then be able to see yours and the kids reservations

I tried creating an account for my husband (using my email address) but it would not let me do that. {I didn't want him getting bombarded with emails or important emails going to him}.

I called C&A to see if they could change my name but they found a workaround for me, and I can now see both reservations under my cruises.

Yay!

I asked about dinner and show reservations and I was told that this usually opens around 180 days. We'll see :D