Recent Allure cruises (in Med) cost of drinks package onboard

I'm travelling on Allure in a couple of weeks and trying to work out whether the drinks packages have the Spanish VAT loaded onto them if we buy before we sail. I currently have 6 cruises booked with Royal Caribbean and thought I could work out the costings that way. I could purchase drinks packages for 4 of them but every one has a different price so I can't even work out what a 'standard' price would be.

For info the price per day (in £ cos that's what shows on my bookings) for the Select Package is as follows: Allure Med - £29.57, Allure Transatlantic - £26.40, Oasis Caribbean (Nov) - £23.10 and Radiance Australia (Feb 2016) - £28 :confused:

I would appreciate any input from someone who has been on Allure recently or is onboard now and could let me know the cost of the Select or Premium package to buy onboard.

Edited by Bobal

I believe the price you see is all inclusive of any necessary tax and gratuity. If you go through to check out it will give you the total price which is basically per day price multiply by 7 days for the Allure cruise.

I believe the price you see is all inclusive of any necessary tax and gratuity. If you go through to check out it will give you the total price which is basically per day price multiply by 7 days for the Allure cruise.

Thanks but I need to know whether the tax included for the Allure price is the Spanish tax which is incurred on all onboard purchases. If not, then it will be cheaper for me to buy the packages before we board rather than buy it onboard at a price which is inflated to include Spanish tax.

Only by knowing what the onboard price is can I make a comparison.

I just came back home from 7 night med. cruise on Allure. Here are the prices for beverage packages on board:

Royal Replenish: $19 per day

Select: $35 per day

Premium: $49 per day

Ultimate: $55 per day

In addition, all beverage packages are subject to 18% gratuity plus Spanish VAT.

Edited by Miia

Premium package working out as €390 and the select package is €279 all in for our Med cruise in September but we're waiting to buy on board as a lot of people say they do a buy one get one half price on 1st day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just came back home from 7 night med. cruise on Allure. Here are the prices for beverage packages on board:

Royal Replenish: $19 per day

Select: $35 per day

Premium: $49 per day

Ultimate: $55 per day

In addition, all beverage packages are subject to 18% gratuity plus Spanish VAT.

Thank you - that equates to the price if I booked online which confirms that the Spanish VAT has already been added into the online price

So Premium is $49+18%+21%=$70 WOW

70 x 7 =$490 just for Drinks :eek:

Spanish VAT for beverages and food (as well as the speciality restaurants) on board is 10% though. But it's still a lot of money indeed!

By the way, not sure if you're aware of this (I wasn't) but we were told on our first day that beverage packages could also be purchased for your last three or five days etc. if you didn't want to go for the whole week. Having sailed only with NCL before, this came as a nice surprise for us.

Our Greek Island cruise at the end of June is showing £27.72 for the Select Package.

Don't Greek island cruises go from Civitavecchia or Venice - which are both in Italy and therefore not subject to Spanish VAT.

By the way, not sure if you're aware of this (I wasn't) but we were told on our first day that beverage packages could also be purchased for your last three or five days etc. if you didn't want to go for the whole week. Having sailed only with NCL before, this came as a nice surprise for us.

Thanks I did realise this. We will buy two Select packages for our sons and they can decide after a day or so whether they want to upgrade to the Premium package.