Hotel in Miami..

volmoma

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Miami close to the port??? Does anyone know if any hotels give discount parking at port? We've never cruised out of Miami. This will be our girl trip for next year and we really would love the convenience of being close to the port, not so much interested in shuttles but would consider. Parking seems to be a premium. Thanks in advance!

Holiday Inn Port of Miami. From your hotel room you can see the ships pull in. We will be sailing out of Miami for the first time this year. Our plan is to go down the day before catch the Airport Flyer to the hotel and walk to the port the next morning. It's a 24 minute walk from the hotel (well that's what google say). I hope this helps.

holiday inn port of miami. From your hotel room you can see the ships pull in. We will be sailing out of miami for the first time this year. Our plan is to go down the day before catch the airport flyer to the hotel and walk to the port the next morning. It's a 24 minute walk from the hotel (well that's what google say). I hope this helps.

ty!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn as well. It's was a decent hotel with exactly what we needed for a night before the cruise. There is a mall across the street, Bayside Marketplace.

The port, though is not walking distance in my opinion. It's a quick and easy taxi ride, and easy to pick up a taxi outside of the hotel, no need to call in advance.

If you are looking for a little more upscale hotel the Intercontinental hotel is down the street and also has a great, probably better port view of the ships in the morning.

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Miami close to the port??? Does anyone know if any hotels give discount parking at port? We've never cruised out of Miami. This will be our girl trip for next year and we really would love the convenience of being close to the port, not so much interested in shuttles but would consider. Parking seems to be a premium. Thanks in advance!

The Club Floor in the Intercontinental :)

Holiday Inn Port of Miami. From your hotel room you can see the ships pull in. We will be sailing out of Miami for the first time this year. Our plan is to go down the day before catch the Airport Flyer to the hotel and walk to the port the next morning. It's a 24 minute walk from the hotel (well that's what google say). I hope this helps.

You can't walk to the port. There is either a huge bridge or a tunnel to contend with. A taxi is like $10. Why in the world would you want to walk a half an hour schlepping luggage in either 80 some degree heat or possibly rain? Take a cab.

Well that was my first thought, but I did say THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. I didn't want to sound rude, because I did ask for advice and the poster did say they were cruising first time out of Miami. [emoji3]

This thread will be moved to the Fl Departure boards soon no doubt. There are a lot of suggestions there.

FWIW. You can normally find a really nice hotel 30-45 min north. Prices will be a decent amount lower. In most cases, the room rate and then paying to park at POM is cheaper than a local park n cruise where you have to contend with shuttles and sometimes one way transportation.

But no... No walking.

Holiday Inn is a decent choice. There are some better and perhaps more expensive. Intercontinental, Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Conrad, Marriott Biscayne Bay are all hotels I've stayed at and are good choices and $10 - $15 cab ride to the port.

MrsAReid: You need to reconsider your idea of walking to the port. It isn't as close or easy to get to, by foot, as you think. If you have any luggage then don't even attempt it. Spend the $10 and get a cab. You won't regret it.

Take care,

Mike

Just be careful if you stay at that Holiday Inn. My mother was mugged and slammed against the sidewalk by a thief, fracturing her arm and cutting her head open, in broad daylight.

Downtown Miami is not the safest place. Even though there are touristy areas nearby, just a block or two away there are some rough, crime ridden streets.

You will pay more to park at a hotel downtown while cruising than at the port.

I'd look at the hotels in the blue lagoon area. Closer to airport , but the chains there like Hampton Inn have parking packages. Staying downtown is fine if you are going to park at the port while cruising and need just one day for you and your car.

Just be careful if you stay at that Holiday Inn. My mother was mugged and slammed against the sidewalk by a thief, fracturing her arm and cutting her head open, in broad daylight.

Downtown Miami is not the safest place. Even though there are touristy areas nearby, just a block or two away there are some rough, crime ridden streets.

Oh my god, Tapi!!! Is she ok?!? We walked by ourselves all over downtown. (My husband and I) and didn't feel unsafe. I mean I'm used to Chicago so I kind of know to keep my guard up, but it didn't strike me as overly dangerous. We didn't go out at night. Just during the day, because we weren't that aware of our surroundings. That's so scary! I will for sure remember that next time we are in Miami!

There are beautiful hotels all along the waterfront besides the Holiday Inn. The hotel really didn't have anything to do with the mugging. This could have happened in front of the Intercontinental, right down the street. Just remember, as mentioned to be aware of your surroundings. ..especially.in any strange area. Can happen anywhere anytime.

Hope your mom is recovered. Certainly scary.

Edited by eandj

Walking to/from POM isn't impossible, just not advisable. I've done it and it was a lousy way to end my vacation, but I did save $7! That bridge is not for the faint of heart (literally and figuratively).