Luau in Maui or Kauai?

kristinar

Sorry if this has been addressed in another thread.... I will not have time in Oahu to do a luau and want to take my daughter. Which island is best and should I book through NCL or ind? I want to see fire!!!

To me the OLL is the best "Hawaiian" luau but they've always explained that if you want to see "fire" that is another Polynesian culture & not Hawaiian so they do not perform fire dance.

The Feast at Lele is operated by the same company in Lahaina across from the beach. It's a sit down gourmet meal with entertainment & food from 4 Polynesian cultures & a wide variety of drinks. It is a little bit more & you could go to their website and also search this forum for the Feast at Lele.

http://www.feastatlele.com

Another positive is that it's not too far to walk to from the Lahaina tender pier.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry if this has been addressed in another thread.... I will not have time in Oahu to do a luau and want to take my daughter. Which island is best and should I book through NCL or ind? I want to see fire!!!

I noticed that I neglected to mention that the Feast at Lele has the Samoan fire knife dance.

"The famed fire knife dance is an important component to their culture and fitting end to our show".

It's an enjoyable experience to Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti & Samoa. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I found this recent review on Trip Advisor that said "No fire dancing tho" so it's still not available because it's Samoan & not Hawaiian which is what the OLL only provides.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60634-d104288-Reviews-Old_Lahaina_Luau-Lahaina_Maui_Hawaii.html

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 month later...

If you've never been to a luau, I suggest Old Lahaina Luau on Maui. If you have, Feast at Lele. I have been to both and they are excellent and very authentic. Our first trip to Hawaii, we did OLL. Great history and storytelling woven into the dancing. Both have gorgeous settings right on the beach facing west so you most often will get some sort of lovely sunset.

If you've never been to a luau, I suggest Old Lahaina Luau on Maui. If you have, Feast at Lele. I have been to both and they are excellent and very authentic. Our first trip to Hawaii, we did OLL. Great history and storytelling woven into the dancing. Both have gorgeous settings right on the beach facing west so you most often will get some sort of lovely sunset.

Both good, did the Feast ( a bit different ), personally prefer Old Lahaina. Plan/reserve early as this past week they were booked and did the feast, while nice not as good IMHO.