Pros and cons on S1 and Amenities not Listed!

Lastdance

I have read a lot about the S1, along with a few videos and photos. Please share anything that you know like tips and such. I have never been in a suite before, but Celebrity made it impossible not to try it!:)

Edited by Lastdance

I don't know if there are any tips or inside secrets or anything like that. We've been in quite a few S1s. On S class (where all but one have been) the location is why we like it. Corner aft. Long walk from the elevators/stairs, so private and quiet and no one goes back there unless they "live" there. Great view. Lots of move-around space in the room, and as we actually DO spend time in our cabin, we like it. I hear where some people say they only sleep and change and shower in their cabin. That's not us.

We are very independent so we don't use our butler that often. The cabin steward is there to attend to your room and you'll have less interaction with him/her. The assistant usually is the one who does the bathroom. Bless their heart. And the butler attends to you. He'll normally bring you your breakfast in the morning and your afternoon treats/tea. He'll make reservations and such for you but we are physically able to pick up our phone and do that ourselves; we wouldn't dream of asking someone to make a phone call.

Last cruise we met some people and decided to have a little party. He set up the cabin so nicely while we were at lunch, and put out the wines we had chosen and brought in shrimp, cheese, nuts, dried fruits, etc. and made it look so festive with fancy tablecloth drapes, etc.

We have always eaten in Blu while in a suite and never did we take anyone's place in Aqua Class. We were never turned away and there were always quite a few empty tables when we sat down and always tables while we ate, so we know we didn't displace AQ pax. After sailing in a suite we never ate in the main dining room again.

Now you'll have Luminae as your dining room. We look forward to eating there for the first time on our Thanksgiving cruise.

There are some silly little perks like reserved seats in the theatre on formal nights but we never take advantage of that. You will get specialty restaurant meals - one night for a week cruise, and two for a longer cruise.

It's stated that a butler will unpack and pack for you but that's nothing I'd even remotely consider. How in the world would he know where I want my stuff??!!

We like the elite perks of laundry and internet minutes as much as any of it and you get those no matter what room you have.

Other than the room size and the butler, it's going to be like every other cruise. You're out there with everyone else and no one cares where you lie your head at night.

Have a great cruise. It may be hard to go back to a regular sized room, though. I have to admit that. We tried it once. Went to Aqua Class, and had a fabulous cruise, but we have done suites since.

Many thanks to both of you for your input. My DH and I are also very independent, but will love to try Blu and Lumanie to see their selections and service...:) the only thing thing we might regret is not having the same wait service to really get to know our little favors!

When you dine in Luminae they tend to place you in the same area (with the same wait staff). By the second day they were beginning to know our requirements, by the third they could almost guess our orders!

When you dine in Luminae they tend to place you in the same area (with the same wait staff). By the second day they were beginning to know our requirements, by the third they could almost guess our orders!

Thank you! I also heard that if you didn't like any of the selections you could order off the regular MDR menu...is that true? Where do you enter the restaurant? My DH likes his chicken and potatoes. Is the food of a better quality than the MFR?

Edited by Lastdance

We found the menus quite limited in choice. Loved most of the meals we had but did find a few not to our taste. We were the first officially opened cruise so we did expect some issues.

We were lucky we had unlimited speciality dining as part of the RS package so we would look at the Luminae menu in the morning and decide then where to dine. If we had not had this option we would have wanted some MDR swaps. Others on our cruise did order off the MDR this and it was no problem.

The breakfast, lunch, dinner issues had not been sorted when we boarded. On brunch days we tended to have coffee and pastries on the balcony and then go for brunch at about 11am. Their soups and salads were beautiful, some of the other items we felt were just too heavy when you would be fine dining later.

The best thing for us was the service in Luminae, it really was outstanding. We didn't see Luminae at its best as chairs, tables.....had not arrived but it gives us a very good excuse to cruise in a suite again!