RCCL Visa points on a 3 day Cruise

I have done a lot of research, and I am still confused! Can I redeem RCCL visa points (have 50,000+) for free 3-4 day cruise on Harmony Nov 5, 2016? I would like to book a balcony and pay difference. Can you use Diamond balcony discount? :confused:

Advise welcome

Thanks

I have done a lot of research, and I am still confused! Can I redeem RCCL visa points (have 50,000+) for free 3-4 day cruise on Harmony Nov 5, 2016? I would like to book a balcony and pay difference. Can you use Diamond balcony discount? :confused:

Advise welcome

Thanks

I believe they remove the balcony discount when you redeem points for a free cruise.

The jury is out as to whether they will allow the 30/30 prices in conjunction with a free cruise redemption. They did not allow it with the BOGOHOax.

Edited by clarea

I believe they remove the balcony discount when you redeem points for a free cruise.

The jury is out as to whether they will allow the 30/30 prices in conjunction with a free cruise redemption. They did not allow it with the BOGOHOax.

Thanks, I just don't want to book, buy airfare then find out I can't use points!

Thanks, I just don't want to book, buy airfare then find out I can't use points!

You can always use points, however you may be limited to using them for a cruise discount or OBC.

I would book and while booking ask if you can pay for the cruise with points. Then I would try to actually apply the points before final payment and before buying airfare.

I would book and while booking ask if you can pay for the cruise with points. Then I would try to actually apply the points before final payment and before buying airfare.

I put a hold on the cruise. I think I will call them tomorrow!

I see you are on Jewel the cruise before us, and on the Panama Canal cruise with us!

Edited by RVfromAZ

I put a hold on the cruise. I think I will call them tomorrow!

I see you are on Jewel the cruise before us, and on the Panama Canal cruise with us!

Please report back. Another poster on this forum called recently and was told that points could not be used for a free cruise when the cruise is priced as a promo. Since it seems like all prices are promos from now on, it seems like they are saying we can never use that redemption, without the promo price being removed.

Please report back. Another poster on this forum called recently and was told that points could not be used for a free cruise when the cruise is priced as a promo. Since it seems like all prices are promos from now on, it seems like they are saying we can never use that redemption, without the promo price being removed.

That would be me I assume?;) Yes I was told that you can't use the points on any bookings with a promo on them which is most every booking made in the past year.

They will probably let you apply it for a free cruise but they will use whatever price shows up on your booking BEFORE the 30/30 promo applies.

Like Bob says please come back and let us know what they say. The number is 888-305-4626.

Also since the Harmony is a new ship it may be excluded

Edited by molly361

Just got off the phone with the redemption dept. Can NOT use with any promotions or Diamond Balcony discounts, etc. darn! Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks for the update- You could still use the 50,000 to take $500 off the cruise fare.

Do you think I can keep Promo discount and diamond discount, and use the $500 off?

That is what Ellen says, and I believe that to be correct, but they change their rules so often, I'd call 888-305-4626 to be sure.

Edited by clarea

That is what Ellen says, and I believe that to be correct, but they change their rules so often, I'd call 888-305-4626 to be sure.

That's what they told me yesterday but like Bob is saying it can't hurt to check

Just a guess, but they would probably allow a free cruise redemption, after they remove the promo discount.

They told me that they could do that but it probably would not pay. I looked at the OP's 3 night cruise. Least expensive full fare for minimum OV is $619 x 2= $1238 so they would get $1,000 off their balcony cabin.

There is only D2's left on that sailing- retail price is $949 x 2 = $1898 less the $1,000= $898. So the "free" 3 night cruise would be $898 plus taxes, not so free:rolleyes:

Edited by molly361

Advise welcome

Thanks

You can redeem points for discount money. In other words you have around 500.00 now you can apply and still get your on board *****. One thing does not have to do with the other. We just did it and worked out fine just call the crown and anchor desk they do everything for you,:)

You can also apply your balcony discount as well or promo. In January they have changed this and there was a lot of complains because t was a credit card not RCCL then they corrected this. I have had no problem But when you call the crown and anchor desk do not press anything. simply stay on the line when it says for all other issues just stay on the line. Then you will get the real desk and not a vacation planner. They can do everything and they are very nice about it.

Edited by vacationers

You can redeem points for discount money. In other words you have around 500.00 now you can apply and still get your on board *****. One thing does not have to do with the other. We just did it and worked out fine just call the crown and anchor desk they do everything for you,:)

You can also apply your balcony discount as well or promo. In January they have changed this and there was a lot of complains because t was a credit card not RCCL then they corrected this. I have had no problem But when you call the crown and anchor desk do not press anything. simply stay on the line when it says for all other issues just stay on the line. Then you will get the real desk and not a vacation planner. They can do everything and they are very nice about it.

Thanks!

They used to let you use everthing. They just issued a coupon and you picked any 3 or 4 day cruise up to $1000 with reductions. Now they won't let you use the prices on line. They have their own inflated prices. You can always use the point dollar for dollar as onboard credit or towards payment. But getting a cruise worth $900 or so for 50,000 points was a great deal.

I now only use my RCL visa for RCL cruises (and that will soon stop) Used to use it for everything. Now I have 100,000+ points I have to use up. Was going to get it to 125,000 and get a 7 nighter for 2. But anything they deem acceptable is cheaper than the $1,250 if I book it without. Other than charging cruises RCL visa is no bargain.

With my Barclays card I get double points for every dollar spent anywhere. And I can use them for any travel related expenditure, hotels, airfare, etc.

You used to be able to get $50 OBC for each 5,000 pts you had. I used to save up to 10,000 pts, and then book a cruise with $100 OBC.

It is my understanding that NOW you have to have at least 50,000 pts to get $500 OBC. You cannot get amount less than this. Am I right?

You used to be able to get $50 OBC for each 5,000 pts you had. I used to save up to 10,000 pts, and then book a cruise with $100 OBC.

It is my understanding that NOW you have to have at least 50,000 pts to get $500 OBC. You cannot get amount less than this. Am I right?

You can still redeem 5000 points for $50 OBC.

We have about 130,000 points and were looking to use it for a 2016 Liberty cruise. Called last week and using 125,000 points (for free 7 night ocean view cruise) and upgrading to a GS would cost me almost as much as booking with the current promotions. We would save $400+, but better off paying the current rate and converting 125,000 points to $1,250 cruise discount or splitting the discount with onboard credit.