Embarkation after land tour question

FOLcruisers

we are doing a cruise tour booked through Princess, land first sea second. We will arrive at the port in Whittier at about 6:30pm, sail away is at 8:30pm.

Wondering when the safety briefing is?

We have early seating for dinner, so how does that work?

Will we have to eat on Lido?

Is the port area pretty, worth taking photos? Or really not worth being on deck for pics?

Thanks for your input!

I can't remember what time the safety briefing was, but it was not long after we boarded. We had late seating for dinner and went to our assigned dining room. We had traditional seating. The first night, however, we did not sit at our regular table. They sat us more like anytime dining and we were seated with folks that were not our regular tablemates at a different table than the assigned one, which we found out the second night. It all worked out fine, though. So not to worry. You can eat in the main dining room.

The one thing I remember very well was that Whittier was very pretty. We took lots of photos and saw a humpback whale breaching from the promenade deck near sunset.

The first night had open seating, they do close the dining room for the safety drill, (which is around departure time), unless you are a b2b passenger.

It is a spectacular port with nonstop scenery. For some, it is well worth putting dinner on the back burner to enjoy it.

Edited by Budget Queen

I can't remember what time the safety briefing was, but it was not long after we boarded. We had late seating for dinner and went to our assigned dining room. We had traditional seating. The first night, however, we did not sit at our regular table. They sat us more like anytime dining and we were seated with folks that were not our regular tablemates at a different table than the assigned one, which we found out the second night. It all worked out fine, though. So not to worry. You can eat in the main dining room.

The one thing I remember very well was that Whittier was very pretty. We took lots of photos and saw a humpback whale breaching from the promenade deck near sunset.

It was open seating the first night.