Pay back time! Live (ish) from Infinity 7th June 2015

Deeliteful

Day 2 Saturday . I had booked the Rocky Mountaineer train ride to Whistler and this was worth every penny, an awesome day. An early day too! Picked up at 6.50 from the Fairmont hotel and a 15 min bus ride to the train. Service was superb aboard the train, our hostess Jo was really helpful and good fun.

The ride itself was through such amazing scenery, I would highly recommend it. I booked the two peaks gondola ride (cable car) on board the train which gave a discount of $5 plus an additional discount if you're a senior.

Had to wait in line for this but only about 10 mins but it was in scorching heat about 32 degrees C. Wow this was fantastic. The cable ride to the top was fab but the journey between the two peaks was just breathtaking.

At the bottom I had a bite to eat and a drink and then back on the bus for the train journey home.

Was just starting to think "we'll do what she did......" but falls at the first hurdle when the website says 'Day trips on the Whistler Sea to Sky Climb will not be available after the 2015 season. '. Drat!

It all sounds fabulous and can't wait till next year!

Edited by little britain

• 2 months later...
Following the help from so many people here on CC, I am now paying back with a review. Will try and post pics when I can.

Any questions please ask

Vancouver

I arrived on Thirsday night about 7.30 after an excellent flight. Got a cab to the Pan Pacific which would be home for the next 3 nights.

Great hotel, perfect location at Canada Place and a beautiful room overlooking the harbour. Wonderful sunsets and enjoyed watching the float planes take off and land.

Up early on Friday due to time change so did a little work on the computer and then headed out at 9 am to start my day and what a busy day it was! Weather was superb mid 70s and had already bought my Trolley bus hoho bus ticket online. Took the park tour first which went around Stanley park and other areas of Vancouver. This took about 1.5 hours and was a great tour. Then wandered the sea wall a little and got breakfast before getting the free shuttle to Capalino Suspension bridge. Not cheap here but I felt it was worth it. Unfortunately I have recently had shoulder surgery and although I tried to cross the bridge I could not hold on comfortably and it was swaying a lot, so I had to abandon my attempt quite quickly unfortunately which also meant I could not do the treetops bridges. I did, however do the cliff walk (despite my poor old knees and hip!) yes I am older in some parts than others!

Caught the shuttle back to Canada place and bought a ticket to Fly Over Canada. This was amazing, well worth it at around $17 Can.

I then did the hoho bus City tour to Granville Island which was fun, just mooched around and had a drink before getting back on the bus and home to my hotel at around 5.30

Quick shower and change and went to meet people from our roll call at the hotel bar. Only 3 of us there but we had fun. I opted for room service light dinner afterwards.

Day 2 Saturday . I had booked the Rocky Mountaineer train ride to Whistler and this was worth every penny, an awesome day. An early day too! Picked up at 6.50 from the Fairmont hotel and a 15 min bus ride to the train. Service was superb aboard the train, our hostess Jo was really helpful and good fun.

The ride itself was through such amazing scenery, I would highly recommend it. I booked the two peaks gondola ride (cable car) on board the train which gave a discount of $5 plus an additional discount if you're a senior.

Had to wait in line for this but only about 10 mins but it was in scorching heat about 32 degrees C. Wow this was fantastic. The cable ride to the top was fab but the journey between the two peaks was just breathtaking.

At the bottom I had a bite to eat and a drink and then back on the bus for the train journey home.

Arrived back at the hotel around 7.30 and had nibbles and a drink overlooking the waterfront and then happily to bed to await the cruise tomorrow.

Day 3 Sunday, the cruise starts here! Staying at the Pan Pacific meant that they took my luggage direct to the ship. They suggested I board early or late but definitely not between 11.30 and 1.30. So I went straight down to the terminal (elevator from the hotel) around 10.30 and was on board in less than 45 minutes (probably nearer 30). I enjoyed my glass of fizz and then got a frozen Mojito from the pool bar and chilled out in the sun (if that's not an oxymoron!).

Got into our rooms at 12.45.

Hello,

Loved your review. We are doing infinity next August from Vancouver. Before that we are doing Rocky mountaineer from Banff to Vancouver.

Still to book our hotel in Vancouver but Pan Pacific was on my list. Did you book direct with the hotel? What airline dud you use from UK? We are looking at BA or Air Canada.

Irene

• 2 months later...
Following the help from so many people here on CC, I am now paying back with a review. Will try and post pics when I can.

Any questions please ask

Vancouver

I arrived on Thirsday night about 7.30 after an excellent flight. Got a cab to the Pan Pacific which would be home for the next 3 nights.

Great hotel, perfect location at Canada Place and a beautiful room overlooking the harbour. Wonderful sunsets and enjoyed watching the float planes take off and land.

Day 3 Sunday, the cruise starts here! Staying at the Pan Pacific meant that they took my luggage direct to the ship. They suggested I board early or late but definitely not between 11.30 and 1.30. So I went straight down to the terminal (elevator from the hotel) around 10.30

How did you get the luggage directly to the ship? Porter? How much did it cost? How much did you tip? I don't want to insult the person!

Does anyone have a copy of the menu for Blu?

Thanks!