Nieuw Amsterdam - quick questions

doubleduty

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam on June 21. Our grandson (almost 12 years old) asked if there was a basketball court. I recall there were some hoops on the Noordam but when I looked at the NA deck plan, I could not find anything. Goes anyone know?

Also, we are on deck 5, forward balcony. The balconies look a little smaller than the ones one deck 7. Reason I ask is I took an "upgrade" from deck 7 to deck 5 (from a VD to a VB) and now I think I made a mistake. Nothing I can do about it now except consider it a lesson learned but I was curious about the balcony size on deck 5. The cabin we first had on deck 7 is just about directly above the one we are now in on deck 5.

No matter what, we are all very excited about the cruise.

The balconies on deck 5, or at least some of them, aren't as deep as those on the other decks. It's represented in the deck plans, but not really obvious unless you look closely.

Basketball hoop is on the sports deck. It's not a full court, though.

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam on June 21. Our grandson (almost 12 years old) asked if there was a basketball court. I recall there were some hoops on the Noordam but when I looked at the NA deck plan, I could not find anything. Goes anyone know?

No matter what, we are all very excited about the cruise.

Here is my photographic tour of the Nieuw Amsterdam. Note the first image showing a netting-enclosed area below the smoke stack. That is the basketball court.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Nieuw-Amsterdam-On-Board.pdf

Here is my photographic tour of the Nieuw Amsterdam. Note the first image showing a netting-enclosed area below the smoke stack. That is the basketball court.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Nieuw-Amsterdam-On-Board.pdf

Very nice! You even got the Bloody Mary bar (pg 30) that people sometimes ask about.

The balconies on deck 5, or at least some of them, aren't as deep as those on the other decks. It's represented in the deck plans, but not really obvious unless you look closely.

Basketball hoop is on the sports deck. It's not a full court, though.

The shallow balconies on deck 5 are on the center sections (Category V). I think the deck plans may not always show the real situation; I think teh VDs on deck 7 and the VBs on deck 5 should have the same depth balconies. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

The shallow balconies on deck 5 are on the center sections (Category V). I think the deck plans may not always show the real situation; I think teh VDs on deck 7 and the VBs on deck 5 should have the same depth balconies. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Some of the SS balconies are less deep as well. We visited a fellow CC member who was on 5, and noticed that their balcony was a bit less deep.