Empty the Fridge?

jfried8

The room steward has emptied the fridge for us when we have asked in the past. The problem is that the fridge will not keep anything really cold so we started bringing a fold up cooler and the steward just fills it with ice everyday. Keeps beverages a lot colder.

When the steward empties the cooler, they put the contents in one of the cupboards in your cabin. I have even had a cabin steward say to do it myself. I find it easier to just empty it myself and let them know so they don't charge me for everything in it.

When the steward empties the cooler, they put the contents in one of the cupboards in your cabin. I have even had a cabin steward say to do it myself. I find it easier to just empty it myself and let them know so they don't charge me for everything in it.

We also just empty it ourselves & put the stuff in the bottom on the closet that has shelves. The cabin steward has enough to do without asking him to do it. However, we do tell him we're doing it. We also put the large bottle of water in the same closet to get it off the desk.

We've always asked for the refrigerator to be emptied. Last cruise on the Miracle, we made the mistake of emptying it ourselves and putting all the little bottles inside one of the cabinets. I did notice when we first got to our cabin that not all of the slots for the tiny bottles were full. When it came time for the room steward to restock and get ready for the next passengers he said 5 bottles were missing and charged our sign and sail card, I think it was $32. Thankfully I reviewed our statement before the last night and saw the charge. I disputed it, as I know that I or my husband did not consume any of it. Room steward said he had to go to the bar manager to get charges removed. Charges were removed, but from now on, I will stand there and watch them be removed and count the bottles myself.

We had the cabin steward remove all of the drinks. He put them in a pillow case then put the pillow case under the sofa.

We think it is a better idea to have to cabin steward removed the items so there is not a problem with any of the drinks become not counted for and causing a charge.

We remove the items ourselves, but always tell our room steward. I wish they could take the stuff out of the cabin, but that would be a huge PITA for the stewards - storage issues as well.

We always empty it ourselves, and if you leave the covering door open a bit, it keeps things quite cold.

We always ask the room steward to remove the fridge contents. Don't want to take a chance on getting charged for something by accident. Sometimes the stewards put the items on a shelf and other times they have been removed from the cabin.

We use a folded washcloth to keep the door open.

We think what might have happened to the missing bottles is the persons in the cabin before us possibly consumed them after it was counted and restocked for us, or cabin steward got busy and forgot to restock before our arrival. I can remember once quite a few years ago, that after the refrigerator was set up for the next passengers it was locked. Don't remember the cruise line , just remember that happening.

Depends who you get as a steward. The first two cruises it was not a problem for them to empty it and the last two we were told that they were not allowed to empty it. We ended up taking everything thing out and putting them in the closet. Also on the last cruise I noticed that several bottles were already open when we got into the room, so I would advise checking everything in the fridge and pointing out any problems on day one.