Ben & Jerry's Sweet surprise

Has anyone ever surprised their spouse or children with the Ben & Jerry's Sweet? What have their reactions been like? I have this cabin booked on Independence of the Seas next March. It will be a surprise for my DS who will be 17 at the time. My husband and I will be in the adjoining cabin although technically I am booked in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet with my son. The three of us normally sail in a balcony cabin so I sold this to DS as a chance for him to have his own room since the cost of two PR cabins was only a little more than the cost of a triple occupancy balcony cabin. He's thrilled to be having his own room and real bed instead of the lumpy sleeper sofa so I'm just wondering what his reaction will be to the cow butts. I know he'll love the free ice cream! I'll miss having a balcony but I couldn't resist booking this cabin when I saw it was available.

Cheri

Perhaps you need to swop cabins completely with your son as this cabin gives you acess to the Concierge lounge with all its perks .

Your husband and you would enjoy this , then you can always swop when on board.

Good idea! You get more than free ice cream with that room. :)

I surprised my sons with that room on our New Years cruise a few years ago, they were 16 & 18 and had no idea what room they were in until they got to it.

I think the reaction from my son with the room key in his hand was "are you serious right now?"

Needless to say it was a special treat

Perhaps you need to swop cabins completely with your son as this cabin gives you acess to the Concierge lounge with all its perks .

Your husband and you would enjoy this , then you can always swop when on board.

Plus your son can use both free ice cream cards and have Ben and Jerry's twice each day.

Is decoration different in this room than others? Ben & Jerry's sweet is the name of the room because you can have free Ben & Jerry's ice cream? We 've been on the Freedom of the seas and I never knew about this room.

Is decoration different in this room than others? Ben & Jerry's sweet is the name of the room because you can have free Ben & Jerry's ice cream? We 've been on the Freedom of the seas and I never knew about this room.

Yes, the room is decorated in the Ben & Jerry's motif.

We had the Ben and Jerry's suite and the connecting cabin (6307) on the Liberty. My husband and I were booked in the Ben and Jerry's suite so we could have access to the conceirge lounge. My 2 girls ended up sleeping in the room (and using the ice cream vouchers) and we stayed in 6307. We really enjoyed the perks of the suite.

fyi look in the DONT TIP THE COWS GAME on the shelf there will likely be 6 extra ice cream coupon left from other guests

We have the "sweet" on the Freedom next year in October!!:p Any extra coupons hidden in there?:rolleyes: Looking forward to the CL perks, as well as the ice cream!!:cool:

On our Family Reunion Cruise on the Freedom last year in November we surprised two of our sons (34 & 22) with the Ben & Jerry Sweet. At first they were a like taken back-one bed. After the room attendant said he could make the bed into two singles it was outstanding. They even figured how to turn on the automatic mooing. Being young they worked the room to their advantage. However, they really enjoyed the Gold Card. They joined us every night in the Concierge Lounge.

On our Family Reunion Cruise on the Freedom last year in November we surprised two of our sons (34 & 22) with the Ben & Jerry Sweet. At first they were a like taken back-one bed. After the room attendant said he could make the bed into two singles it was outstanding. They even figured how to turn on the automatic mooing. Being young they worked the room to their advantage. However, they really enjoyed the Gold Card. They joined us every night in the Concierge Lounge.

So they give you a gold card too for staying in this room?!

So they give you a gold card too for staying in this room?!

No gold card - you might need to get your cards reprogrammed to access the lounge. You can see my review if you click HERE.

Edited by Rewind

• 5 weeks later...

We are actually doing this next week on Freedom....

We've talked about the cow cabin with our kids (8&10) and how cool it would be to stay there but.... SURPRISE... we booked over a year ago when we saw it was available with its connecting cabin.

We are actually doing this next week on Freedom....

We've talked about the cow cabin with our kids (8&10) and how cool it would be to stay there but.... SURPRISE... we booked over a year ago when we saw it was available with its connecting cabin.

I am there in August! Please do post an update on your experience! :D :D Ben & Jerry's is sold at a very high premium where I live so my daughter is really looking forward to that, whereas I am looking forward to the other perks :p

What are the perks ?

24 hour access to free specialty coffee. Continental breakfast. Cocktail hour from 5pm to 8:30pm every evening with free soda, selected beers, house wine/champagne, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. Services of the concierge who can help with things like excursions, dining reservations, etc.

Edited by clarea

Reading this discussion I couldn't help myself. I just put a courtesy hold on the Sweet on Freedom February 2017. While I have no definite plans, it seems reasonable to think I would be ready to get out of the snowbelt in February, plus, it was a good deal! I wonder who I will "convince" to go with me! I also held the adjoining room, just in case :)

24 hour access to free specialty coffee. Continental breakfast. Cocktail hour from 5pm to 8:30pm every evening with free soda, selected beers, house wine/champagne, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. Services of the concierge who can help with things like excursions, dining reservations, etc.

Thanks, we just turned diamond with our last cruise and are thinking of going with our son and his family on the Liberty. We had this cabin booked on Freedom once but had to cancel because of a family thing. We can't drink but my husband does like his coffee in the morning. Maybe I will skip getting the soda card and have my soda fix during cocktail hour.